• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Gather Inn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Oh, and I never ordered from this "company".

That would have been pretty hard to do considering no company by the name of tradar.co seems to exist according to Google...
But I am sure that wouldn't surprise you. šŸ˜‡

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Oh, yes, I knew the company did not exist. I get this trash all the time. Between false PayPal charges, Apple account suspensions, Amazon account suspensions - I could go on and on.... I just found this one amusing as I had to have a PC to view the receipt... hum...

One good thing - I think I have everyone trained at work to not open any email from anyone they do not recognize.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16ā€ M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I also get a deluge of the shipping stuff. Whatā€™s sad is they do it because I guess it nets them a huge payout. The odd one is pretty **** good, I had to look twice and wonder if it was legit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ rps
Nice one, and it's nice to see you back posting as you've been conspicuously absent for the last month or two.

By the way, how is your little EV working out for you?

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
@ rps
Nice one, and it's nice to see you back posting as you've been conspicuously absent for the last month or two.

By the way, how is your little EV working out for you?

- Patrick
=======
Hi Patrick, my Volt is running wellā€¦.touch wood.
Yes, Iā€™ve been away as some family medical issues aroseā€¦.hoping the path is getting clearer now.
How are things on the left coast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
@ rps
You made me laugh! My husband is always asking me what a button does in his new truck. Sometimes you can find us in the driveway trying to figure it out together!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iā€™ve been away as some family medical issues aroseā€¦.hoping the path is getting clearer now.
How are things on the left coast?

I hope all your health issues are cleared up and working well for you now, as it's not always for the best when some things start falling apart and not functioning as they should.

I'm grateful my body is doing as well as it is for an 82-year-old senior even though it's a long way from what it used to be, as my son says I'm like an old car and some of my parts are getting a bit old and needing replacement. But I've managed to avoid more hospital stays thank goodness, and I'm certainly doing better than some of my friends I knew.

How is your ukulele playing working out these days?

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
I hope all your health issues are cleared up and working well for you now, as it's not always for the best when some things start falling apart and not functioning as they should.

I'm grateful my body is doing as well as it is for an 82-year-old senior even though it's a long way from what it used to be, as my son says I'm like an old car and some of my parts are getting a bit old and needing replacement. But I've managed to avoid more hospital stays thank goodness, and I'm certainly doing better than some of my friends I knew.

How is your ukulele playing working out these days?

- Patrick
=======
Hi Patrick, my playing is doing fine. Iā€™ve been curating songs for a uke site in the U.K, so thatā€™s kept me active.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great to see you RP. Iā€™ve had my new rav4 for a couple of years now and thereā€™s many buttons I donā€™t use. Yet. I keep saying I will figure them out. I need some off roading and some snowy blizzards to try them out.

Last edited:
OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Great to see you RP. Iā€™ve had my new rav4 for a couple of years now and thereā€™s many buttons I donā€™t use. Yet. I keep saying I will figure them out. I need some off roading and some snowy blizzards to try them out.
You got snow in the big smoke Groove? I have a son in Ottawa and they have quite a bit of itā€¦.none here so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope. We had a wee bit of a snowfall but nothing stayed

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
December 6th is historically a sad day in Canada. In 1917 a French cargo ship laden with explosives collided with a Norwegian freighter in the narrows in Halifax Harbour. The result was the largest man made non nuclear explosion in world history, killing about 2,000 people and injuring nearly 9000.

In 1989, in Montreal at the Ɖcole Polytechnique , a gun man shot and killed 14 female engineering students....14 others were injureā€¦.10 women and 4 men.

Less We Forget.
IMG_0135.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And we lived! (Most of us)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

We actually ended up having to use the heavy black rubber hoses which were considered to release all kinds of nasty toxins. They certainly did affect the taste of the water and created some pretty warm hot water when sitting out in the sunshine as well.

Amazing what the human body can tolerate, but consider what a dog drinks in comparison.

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Hello allā€¦.howā€˜s the weather where you are. We are somewhat cloudy here and sitting at 5c. Weā€™ve been up and down temp wiseā€¦17c one day and 5c the next..but no snow touch wood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Been a while, hope youā€™re well. Weather is indeed really crazy. February? I hope we donā€™t pay a price in spring for this mild stuff! But Iā€™m certainly not complaining for the lack of snow shovelling!

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Been a while, hope youā€™re well. Weather is indeed really crazy. February? I hope we donā€™t pay a price in spring for this mild stuff! But Iā€™m certainly not complaining for the lack of snow shovelling!
I agree, nature has a habit of evening things outā€¦.so Iā€lol keep the snow blower ready.
how is your shoulder? Improving I hope.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.