Is it ok if i respond this today?

Seems i have just the same situation of the OP

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The OP had an issue where the cursor was moving by itself, you have an issue of the cursor not functioning like it should and macOS detecting touches..

First, check the keypad settings in Sys Prefs and see if you've enabled tap to click. This feature equates a light tap on the keypad as click that usually requires a firm press. This feature also means that if your trackpad has problems due to liquid spills, it will start detecting clicks and do funny thing.

In your video, the cursor is having a hard time tracking your finger, meaning that your trackpad is physically malfunctioning. That trackpad is a capacitive device like your phone's touchscreen. If you have a swollen battery, this might be a reason. If you've every split any liquid on the keyboard/trackpad this might be a reason as well.

Your problem is hardware, not software and definitely NOT a hacker.

Raznikov

Reaction score
The OP had an issue where the cursor was moving by itself, you have an issue of the cursor not functioning like it should and macOS detecting touches..

First, check the keypad settings in Sys Prefs and see if you've enabled tap to click. This feature equates a light tap on the keypad as click that usually requires a firm press. This feature also means that if your trackpad has problems due to liquid spills, it will start detecting clicks and do funny thing.

In your video, the cursor is having a hard time tracking your finger, meaning that your trackpad is physically malfunctioning. That trackpad is a capacitive device like your phone's touchscreen. If you have a swollen battery, this might be a reason. If you've every split any liquid on the keyboard/trackpad this might be a reason as well.

Your problem is hardware, not software and definitely NOT a hacker.
Thank you for answer but this is kind weird because it only happens after 15-20 minutes when i turn on my MAC. Before that the trackpad works pretty fine

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Boot the machine into Safe mode and see if the issue stays after 30 mins or so.

krs

Reaction score
There are several counterfeit/low-quality chargers on the market and some do not generate the required wattage. Here's a discussion that focuses on the IOS dec=vice charger but the same issues apply to Mac chargers. How to Identify a Dangerous Fake Apple Charger %

Others may disagree but I think you have two choices:
1. Buy an Apple charger from a trusted source. Preferably from Apple since there are many counterfeits out there.
2. Buy a trusted third-party charger from a company with a reputation for quality. I use ANKER chargers for my phones and they make some that produce enough juice to charge notebooks.
I have had my share of non-Apple Mac chargers over the years and would now not buy a 3rd party one for the Mac, even from a reputable company like ANKER.
The Apple Mac chargers are much more sophisticated than it appears on the surface, they are not just switching power supplies providing a single voltage.
I started buying used Apple chargers on ebay, look for "genuine" in the description and the embossed Apple logo on the case.
When you get the charger you can easily tell if it is really an Apple charger or not - plug it into a wall outlet, plug the Magsafe connector into the Mac.
On a genuine Apple charger there will be a noticeable delay of half a second or so before the LED comes on, on any 3rd party ones I have ever had the LED comes on right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.