Suggested wireless printer for 2016 MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have had no problems with drivers or network preferences my only complaint being the obvious one; Inkjet printers cost a mint in ink cartridges so I usually get the black one refilled.

Do you not have a compatible inkjet cartridge supplier that sells some at a dramatically reduced price available to you??? Or do they not deliver or ship to you???

I would have thought it would be quite a lucrative business over there.

I used to refill our Apple StyleWriter cartridges many years ago when refilling first became available, but now I can buy good compatible XL cartridges at such a low price that refilling isn't even worth considering.

Even Amazon Canada who seems to ship almost anywhere as long as one has a proper address, can sell me a set of 15 Pack - Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon PGI-250 & CLI-251 XL Inkjet Cartridge (3 full sets) of XL cartridges for $25 Canadian. Some other sources even cheaper...

Refilling is not even a consideration at those prices. And it is a pleasure to avoid all the mess of refilling which is almost impossible to avoid.

Heck, I even got some Black Ink on my fingers when changing of the large XL black cartridge on my Canon MX922 printer yesterday when I accidentally squeezed the sides of the cartridge more than I should have. But a bottle of alcohol was readily available... ;)

BTW: yesterday was the first time my Canon printer was indicating that my black cartridges were both almost half full yet the large general use black cartridge was completely empty when I opened the cover. The first time that has ever happened. The ink level indicators are usually spot-on accurate...

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.