• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So who saw FAHRENHEIGHT 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Haha, Michael Moore encourages people to pirate the movie as long as you don't make a profit. That's awesome.

OP
R

ratz

Oh of all of the millions who see it the majority are of above average intelligence. And really "nobody who goes into that movie will come out believing everything". You have more faith in peoples intelligence than I do. There are so many people who never watch the news, never read, and are generally wrapped up in their own little world and won't pay any attention to anything unless it is put into the form of a movie as entertainment. I'm not entirely negative I just think that there are a lot of people who will believe anything they read on the internet or see in in a supposed documentary. And yes people should think critically when watching the news on TV or reading the newspaper. We should always think critically when being given information.

OP
N

nicholas

Agreed. And after all, there is not ONE news station that is completely objective, unbiased, impartial, and they ALL censor things!

OP
T

The Saab Pimp

eh, i find The Daily Show with John Stewart reliably makes fun of everybody.

OP
N

nicholas

True, although he seems to throw it a few more jabs towards the Bush admin. And I have no problems with that! But the Daily Show isn't a true news show, or a news channel, which is what I was saying.

OP
T

The Saab Pimp

ah. well that's true. but i still find myself watching the daily show more than say, CNN.

OP
N

Nightblade

The Saab Pimp said:
ah. well that's true. but i still find myself watching the daily show more than say, CNN.

Same here, I watch The Daily Show every night (except the repeats that I've already seen).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
::Attempts to steer the thread back on topic:: :)

I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, and I thought it was fabulous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I saw it a couple of days ago... it was nothing new, I already knew all that shabby dark side of the current american govt.

Michael Moore presents his movies in such a cool way though... there's something serious and then there's something amusing... a perfect balance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
nicholas said:
Anybody who pays money to see that movie isn't your "average" viewer.

I would completely disagree. The reason that Moore made it as feature film (and in "such a cool way")was to attract just that, the average movie viewer/the average American voter.
Fortunately, in the end his money and his propaganda seem to have been wasted. If you want to get some balance out of this whole thing, go see Fahrenhype 911 or Celcius 41.1. They are both propaganda and both excellent rebuttals to Moore.
I thought Bowling for Columbine was a pretty good movie, as long as you understood it was slanted in one direction and had no intention of giving a balanced look at what happened and the whole gun control issue in general.

Reaction score
Going to see a Michael Moore movie is like watching Fox News Channel, you know that it's going to be completely one-sided and any opposing view will be held up for ridicule. Who wants to see polite intelligent discussion? People screaming and frothing at the mouth is so much more entertaining, don't you think?

Reaction score
I saw it like a week ago. It was kind of interesting, though not my kind of movie. It just got boring after a while... I didn't really know it was a documentary when i got it so i wasn't expecting it.

OP
M

Mark Raven

Saw it. Thought it was great.

Haha, Michael Moore encourages people to pirate the movie as long as you don't make a profit. That's awesome.

I heard him say that, too! So awesome of him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
i downloaded it, haven't watched it yet. Have no time!
Anygood?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
yup, its worth watching once :teen:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
hmm... better shift it to the PC to watch. Won't open on the Mac.

OP
V

vegan4evr

Fahrenheit 9/11.. Excellent movie. Michael Moore has made other excellent movies too. Roger & Me is also excellent. Bowling For Columbine is also excellent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
I thoght it was THE coolest movie I've ever seen.
But then again I hate Bush already.
LOL my friend let me borrow it to copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.