• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So who saw FAHRENHEIGHT 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Since anybody that feels that taking the Lord's name in vain is profanity and they report the post. I am one of those people that feels the same way also. Thanks!

OP
S

sirlan

Saab Pimp -- like you, I dislike politics. Many people will believe what they want to believe regardless of facts and there's rarely a compromise. The sad thing is we can't trust our elected officials any farther than we can throw them. I just wish more people would take their rights seriously and vote. Low voter turnout really is shameful and is at least partly responsible for the mess we're in now (in my opinion).

OP
T

The Saab Pimp

@mister moderator dude
well as an atheist i find your censorship to be offensive. so what, do i report you?

@sirian
i just turned 18 earlier this year, and i have already registered to vote and will do so in november. i think the main reason people don't vote is that they just don't really care. i mean they care about their country's wellbeing, but not who's in office. they also have the mindset that nothing will change. while i don't know about the latter, i feel it is important to vote, otherwise we might as well just have a monarchy and let the son of whomever is in office be the next president.

OP
N

nicholas

Wait, I thought you had to be 21 to vote? Well, regardless, good on you, Saab P-I-M-P. I like to consider myself a pimp too, but enough about me. Yeah, everyone needs to stop sitting around, talking about this and that when they aren't even registered to vote. Cause when they're not, I tell them I don't even care what their opinion is because it doesn't even matter anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
The Saab Pimp said:
@mister moderator dude
well as an atheist i find your censorship to be offensive. so what, do i report you?

LOL :D This is interesting!

OP
T

The Saab Pimp

well the moderator explained it as being offensive to christians without a sense of humor. while that might be true, it's still rediculous.

OP
N

nicholas

So what if I said "oma," (oh my allah), or "omb," (oh my buddah), or "omv," (oh my vishnu)? haha, kinda sounds like things people yell out in XXX movies.

OP
T

The Saab Pimp

not sure. but it would definitely be hypocritical of the moderator dude to consider "omg" offensive and not those, seeing as how they are all in the same context as "omg".

OP
C

CaptainMack

"Omg" it stands for "Oh My god." Not "Oh My God." It is the god that the person using it is refering to. So using the term "Omg" could be any god a person believes in, not just a Christian god. Not many people put into thought that MY god could be THEIR god, most people automatically assume that "Omg" refers to a Christian god. also this thread was started for Fahrenheit 9/11 so keep on subject

OP
N

Nightblade

ON the subject, I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 today. And it was great!

OP
M

Mariande

Saw it, loved it- but too biased and manupalitive to make me change from Bush. Still voting for him.
- J

OP
T

TylerMoney

Micheal Moore is a moran; however, some of what he does is done well, and is interesting. A lot of it however, is propaganda like. The One where he attacked big corporations was good though. ....forget the name of that movie.

OP
N

nicholas

CaptainMack - Interesting point. I never knew that.

TylerMoney - You mean "Roger and Me?" That's the one where he was talking about Flint, Michigan losing hundreds of jobs when GM decided to pack up and leave.

Mariande - Who we vote for is our business, and I totally respect that. Just for the sake of friendly conversation however, I am just wondering though, the war in iraq notwithstanding, why do you think Bush deserves reelection? What about the millions of jobs lost? What about the sudden plunge in the national deficit despite Clinton having reversed it during his 2 terms? What about Bush trying to write discrimination and censorship into our consitution? What about him giving gigantic tax breaks to none but the richest Americans, and largest corporations? What about the negligence for the exponentially deteriorating environment and his easing up on corporate emissions policies? What about his horrible foreign policies which has almost every European nation at a 60+% dissaproval rating?

OP
N

Nightblade

nicholas said:
CaptainMack - Interesting point. I never knew that.

TylerMoney - You mean "Roger and Me?" That's the one where he was talking about Flint, Michigan losing hundreds of jobs when GM decided to pack up and leave.

Mariande - Who we vote for is our business, and I totally respect that. Just for the sake of friendly conversation however, I am just wondering though, the war in iraq notwithstanding, why do you think Bush deserves reelection? What about the millions of jobs lost? What about the sudden plunge in the national deficit despite Clinton having reversed it during his 2 terms? What about Bush trying to write discrimination and censorship into our consitution? What about him giving gigantic tax breaks to none but the richest Americans, and largest corporations? What about the negligence for the exponentially deteriorating environment and his easing up on corporate emissions policies? What about his horrible foreign policies which has almost every European nation at a 60+& dissaproval rating?

Excellent points, Nick. I totally agree with you, and I'll try to help back you up on this.

OP
R

ratz

I'm with Sirlan. Video can be a very powerful medium but also very misleading and very wrong. I wonder how many people will come out of that movie absolutely believing everything. One phrase "Out of context".

OP
N

nicholas

Anybody who pays money to see that movie isn't your "average" viewer. At least, the majority aren't. Most are informed and educated individuals who want to be aware of the current events. Along those lines, I'm fairy confident that nobody who goes into that movie comes out believing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.