• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Since Leopard has been delayed...

Reaction score
Leopard won't be here untl October, but Apple has events planned for a few major events in the mean time. Let's speculate about what we will see from Apple at NAB (April 14-19) and WWDC (June 11-15).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I know for sure (a co-worker of mine has a sister that plays golf at the same country club as Steve Jobs, and over heard a conversation) that New iMacs will be released on Tuesday April 17th... Faster Core 2 Duo chips, and (the best part) 2 Slot drives (one on the left and the curent one on the right), along with a BLACK iMac (in the fastest model)... The new iMac will be LESS than an inch deep!!!

Also being released is a new Mouse... but it's tiny!!! It's going to be called the "Mighty Dot"... it's a wireless mouse that is the size of a marble... roll-to-scroll, and squeeze to click!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Haven't you been reading the forums at all?

Leopard won't be here untl October, but Apple has events planned for a few major events in the mean time. Let's speculate about what we will see from Apple at NAB (April 14-19) and WWDC (June 11-15).

We've already established that October is a myth. The original claim was that Leopard was delayed because Bootcamp of all things wasn't Vista compatible. Well it is now and even if it wasn't, Parallels is. Why in the world would Mac delay their operating system's release and lose profits/customers just to be compatible with a Microsoft product??? Anyways, Look to see Leopard released BY the time the WWDC starts. :eek:

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
IAlso being released is a new Mouse... but it's tiny!!! It's going to be called the "Mighty Dot"... it's a wireless mouse that is the size of a marble... roll-to-scroll, and squeeze to click!

LOL! I'm looking forward to the Mighty Dot already!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
new imacs? great!!

I was so close to buying one this weekend, but now that you said this I'm waiting till Tuesday!! Any word on ilife and iwork 07? (you do mean they will be released to the public on the 17th right?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I hope they don't rush any releases to try and make up for Leopard's delay. If iLife and iWork aren't ready either then delaying them too would make more sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I was so close to buying one this weekend, but now that you said this I'm waiting till Tuesday!! Any word on ilife and iwork 07? (you do mean they will be released to the public on the 17th right?)

he was surely joking...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was he? Yes, I suppose so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
My mailman noticed I had an issue of MacWorld, and told me is best friend has a neighbor (well, across the street) that has a sister in-law that works next door to a starbucks in Cupertino, CA, near Apple headquarters... While visiting Starbucks she overheard a secretary for an Apple VP saying the same stuff I posted earlier... ALL CONFIRMED!!! She also said the "Mighty Dot" would come in 3 colors White (will probably get pretty dirty IMO) RED (U2 "Project Red") and Black (my favorite)... She also said the new iMacs will have Bluetooth POWER bases.... THAT'S RIGHT!!! NO WIRES what so ever... Just plug in the Bluetooth "iPower Station" anywhere in the home, and it will Power the iMac wirelessly!!!! Apple will be doing this with the entire line eventually!!

I can hardly wait!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow Ride your either a really good liar or your telling the truth. So which is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Wow Ride your either a really good liar or your telling the truth. So which is it?

RIDE would never tell a lie. RIDE just knows a lot of people who know Apple secrets, in fact, sometimes I suspect he's secretly Steve Jobs. ;)

LOL, no I think he's being sarcastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just wait until Tuesday.

:D:D:D

Reaction score
RIDE would never tell a lie. RIDE just knows a lot of people who know Apple secrets, in fact, sometimes I suspect he's secretly Steve Jobs. ;)

LOL, no I think he's being sarcastic.
Come on man. Would Steve Jobs carry a Treo 700p? I think not.
redx.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 c2d 2gb 80gb SD Mac Mini c2d 1.83
I heard from my nephew´s brother in-law, who´s best friend is the street-sweeper head-honcho of Infinite loop, which while sweeping the street just outside the Apple complex overheard trough a air-vent, that the new iMacs (with four cores!) that will be available when Leopard ships, will contain a voucher for a free iPhone and a lifetime .mac subscription! All this for the same price the current models are selling for!

I guess they badly want some of Microsoft's marketshare!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.