rep question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I'm just kidding with you RIDE.. you deserve all the rep you have!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
noope, i have 149 rep points and 2 bars

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
noope, i have 149 rep points and 2 bars

That's correct... you start with 0 points at 1 Green dot..... when you reached 100 points, you recv'd another Green Dot. When you get to 200 points you will have 3 green dots.

Reaction score
(1) Actually, I believe you *do* get rep for making certain post-count milestones. I could be mistaken and a search for "Rep System" should clear it up.

(2) The number of rep "points" you give goes up as your rep goes up; so a positive rep from RIDE gives you more points than one from someone with only one green dot.

(3) It's just a matter of personal preference, but I find the "please use the rep system" signatures tacky.

(4) I don't always leave my name if I give POSITIVE rep, but if you leave NEGATIVE rep you should (though the system doesn't require it) ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
(1) Actually, I believe you *do* get rep for making certain post-count milestones. I could be mistaken and a search for "Rep System" should clear it up.

(2) The number of rep "points" you give goes up as your rep goes up; so a positive rep from RIDE gives you more points than one from someone with only one green dot.

(3) It's just a matter of personal preference, but I find the "please use the rep system" signatures tacky.

(4) I don't always leave my name if I give POSITIVE rep, but if you leave NEGATIVE rep you should (though the system doesn't require it) ...

(1) and (2)... I don't think you get any Rep points yourself for post-milestones, but the points you give another member increase based on: Your own Rep Points, the length of your membership at Mac-Forums, and your post count... I believe the exact formula is kept in a safe between the recipe for Bush's Baked Beans, and the formula for Coca-Cola. :D

(3) That's funny... I just removed my own "feed me Rep" signature today.... Though it was after I had quite a bit.

(4) I leave my name with all positive rep... It's nice to know who it's coming from. I only leave my name with Neg rep when feel strongly about it... to avoid a neg rep war :D:D:D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

(note, this won't make any sense once i change my signature)
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not to mention that they violate the Forum Rules:
Forum Rules said:
Abuse of the User Reputation System or asking for votes is not permitted
Consider this a warning to anyone who still has a "rep beg" in their signatures. :black:
If people continue to have them in their sigs, they will likely receive an infraction for it and have their sig removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Or if it gets too bad, we'll just remove the rep system completely. I will not allow the rep system to become the next "look at my post count, I ROXORS LOLO@O!LL!L!O!O" contest.

M

MacHeadCase

What is the writing in your signature above your dancing hobbes?

Molon labe, I think.

It translates roughly like this: After you finish coming here (we will be dead) then you can take our weapons.

Something about "prying loose from cold dead fingers" is my guess.

Reaction score
Molon labe, I think.

It translates roughly like this: After you finish coming here (we will be dead) then you can take our weapons.

Something about "prying loose from cold dead fingers" is my guess.

The literal translation, I believe, is "come and take them" and was reportedly the response of King Leonidas of Sparta when Xerxes, emperor and leader of the Persian army offered to spare his men's lives if only they would put down their weapons.

Instead, Leonidas and his three hundred men fought to the death against the Persian army, which is usually said to have been 1 million strong though most modern estimates put the number at a mere 500,000. In the first day of battle, the Spartans killed 10,000 Persians while suffering only 2-3 casualties of their own.

Eventually, the Spartans were betrayed and after three days of battle, they were finally overwhelmed on two fronts. They fought to the death still, giving Sparta and the rest of Greece time to rally a large enough fighting force that it eventually defeated the Persians.

A fictionalized account of the Battle of Thermopylae was made into a graphic novel and recently became a motion picture, 300.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
A fictionalized account of the Battle of Thermopylae was made into a graphic novel and recently became a motion picture, 300.

Which is a very kick-butt movie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.