Recent folder in finder MT

M

MBAmtloin

Is there a way to activate the recent folder in finder using High Sierra 10.13.6?
when i upgraded last December, the files were there, i did something option wise thinking that was a temporary solution to having 50GB of files as recent ones. I checked on line for a solution to no success.
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you looked in Finder > Preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
i did something option wise thinking that was a temporary solution to having 50GB of files as recent ones
Sorry if I misunderstand, but what does that mean? The Recents folder is a kind of Smart folder where the files are included because of an attribute, not a place to store things. Recents files are identified in the folder because they were recently opened/created/edited. But the Recents folder isn't a unique storage location. The files in the Recents folder are also in the "original" folder where they were all along. So I don't understand what you thought you were doing with whatever the "option" was.

EDIT: Oh, and files move out of Recents when they are no longer recent, that is, when the attributes no longer match the smart folder definition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.