• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Recent folder in finder MT

M

MBAmtloin

Is there a way to activate the recent folder in finder using High Sierra 10.13.6?
when i upgraded last December, the files were there, i did something option wise thinking that was a temporary solution to having 50GB of files as recent ones. I checked on line for a solution to no success.
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2014 Mac mini macOS 10.15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
Have you looked in Finder > Preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
i did something option wise thinking that was a temporary solution to having 50GB of files as recent ones
Sorry if I misunderstand, but what does that mean? The Recents folder is a kind of Smart folder where the files are included because of an attribute, not a place to store things. Recents files are identified in the folder because they were recently opened/created/edited. But the Recents folder isn't a unique storage location. The files in the Recents folder are also in the "original" folder where they were all along. So I don't understand what you thought you were doing with whatever the "option" was.

EDIT: Oh, and files move out of Recents when they are no longer recent, that is, when the attributes no longer match the smart folder definition.