• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pictures of the G3 All-In-One

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
RS2, very cool site. Thanks for the URL. Checking all those old Apple pages out now!

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
Ditto; awesome site. But the pages from early 1998 don't list the All-In-One at all though. Weird. About the accessories box thing - it's not the monitor I'm talking about. Everybody keeps saying that. Here's a picture I made in Photoshop of what it would look like:

http://comp3769.tripod.com/g3aioblue.jpg
(you have to copy & paste the URL to the address bar)

And here's my response from the apple-history.com guy:
"Sorry. no, they never made one. The PowerMac B&W came after the iMac, which was, in effect, what you describe. But there was never a B&W all-in-one branded as a Powermac."

But I'm still not giving up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
that link doesn't work for me. But, if you go to make a new post, and click on "manage attachments" which is towards the bottom of the new post window, you can upload the picture right to Mac-Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
corysw said:
Ditto; awesome site. But the pages from early 1998 don't list the All-In-One at all though. Weird. About the accessories box thing - it's not the monitor I'm talking about. Everybody keeps saying that. Here's a picture I made in Photoshop of what it would look like:

http://comp3769.tripod.com/g3aioblue.jpg
(you have to copy & paste the URL to the address bar)

And here's my response from the apple-history.com guy:
"Sorry. no, they never made one. The PowerMac B&W came after the iMac, which was, in effect, what you describe. But there was never a B&W all-in-one branded as a Powermac."

But I'm still not giving up.
It might be one of those things that was only out in Japan like the Mac TV

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"http://www.apple-history.com/images/models/blueg3.gif

is that it?"

No, that's a G3 tower.

________

"that link doesn't work for me"

You have to copy & paste the link in to your address bar.

Reaction score
corysw said:
After extensive searching, I've come to the disappointing conclusion that there is not a single picture of a blue and white Power Mac G3 All-In-One anywhere on the internet. Can anybody find one?

They did make a Power Mac G3 all-in-one in a different color. For some reason, I can't remember if it was blue... I thought it was Grey. Anchorage school district in Alaska used them back in the day when I was in Elementary/Middle School...

Not too long ago, I was trying to find one on the web but never did find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Benjamindaines said:
It might be one of those things that was only out in Japan like the Mac TV

The Mac TV was sold in Europe as well. A friend of mine has one.

This is a pretty long thread, about non-existing hardware... :cool:

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know this thing exists, and I'm going to find a picture of it if it's the last thing I do!
And I will, too.

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, it's not the monitor or a clone.

Now that I think about it more, and look more at the beige All-In-One's, they don't really look like the B&W I'm talking about. The one I'm looking for, as I remember it, was wider, and I don't think it had speakers on the bottom front.

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've also noticed that it's virtually the only model that was never featured on the Apple homepage. Weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.