• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pictures of the G3 All-In-One

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i agree with technologist, and until i had seen his pos tand the picture i thoguth there was a BW one too, but now i see there isn't

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
lil said:
To spot an AIO beige G3 is quite the feat...

kinda, i used it in 7th grade. my school had those and imac g3s. it was pretty cool, fast, etc. they got rid of it before 9th grade i believe. we replaced them with emacs but the imacs are still there (gonna get replaced at the end of this school year).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Here are a couple of better pics. I have some real nice ones if I can find them.

g3-aio-1.jpg

1e_1_b.JPG

g3-aio-3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
baggss said:
You didn't click my link in my last post, did you Graphite.....

Well in fact I did, but the page would not load. So I apologize for banning you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, at least you apologized, so it's all good......;)

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
"What's the difference between a G3 AIO and a G3 iMac?"

A G3 All-In-One isn't an iMac, it's a Power Mac. Look at the pics of the AIO posted by dtravis7, and I assume you know what an iMac looks like.

"i thoguth there was a BW one too"

You thought right. There was one. It's little things like the above quote and the ones I posted earlier, scattered around the internet, that are slowly confirming my suspicions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Unless you have any real evidence, I stay at my point.
Quotes on forums are definitely no serious evidence.

As someone posted before, Apple had B&W displays (up to 21") matching the B&W G3 tower, they were pretty huge. I suppose that is what you have seen. Or one that has been modded.
But there never was a stock Blue & White AIO G3 from Apple.

Mactracker has the most complete list of ever existing Macs -> no B&W G3 AIO

And you can check any other site that has a list of Macs and other Apple hardware ever produced.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple has every computer they ever made on their site if you know where to look, There is no mention of a B&W Powermac AIO G3 there. I would love to see a pic of it and some specs if one really did exist. I have been studying the Mac since the 128 and 512 and never seen a B&W G3 AIO.

MacTracker's title says it all. Mac. An Apple II is not a Mac. Mac was a totally separate team of engineers at Apple started by Steve Jobs and inspired by Jeff Raskin. So it's not too suprising that the Apple II is not on a Mac site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
corysw said:
Mactracker doesn't list the Apple II either.

hehe... The Apple II isn't a Mac.... hence the reason Mactracker doesn't list it.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
corysw said:
Mactracker doesn't list the Apple II either.

Maybe because the Apple II was not a Mac????

Just a thought....

Reaction score
Maybe the blue G3 PowerMac AIO that you rememeber wasn't actually an Apple at all, but actually a Future Power AIO, which is a PC that is blue and kind of looks like an Apple product.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Maybe the blue G3 PowerMac AIO that you rememeber wasn't actually an Apple at all, but actually a Future Power AIO, which is a PC that is blue and kind of looks like an Apple product.

Good Call MyNameIs. I found pics. It does look Mac AIO like in a way.

Is this what you remember by any chance? Just curious.

smallaiopix.jpg

imfad2.jpg

L

lil

iWonder said:
kinda, i used it in 7th grade. my school had those and imac g3s. it was pretty cool, fast, etc. they got rid of it before 9th grade i believe. we replaced them with emacs but the imacs are still there (gonna get replaced at the end of this school year).

Here in the UK they weren't that popular, we seemed to get a ton of Peforma 5400s and Power Macintosh 7500 machines in schools where Macs were used. The iMac G3s were also very popular in education, but the beige AIO G3 was not very popular over here (perhaps attributable to the short lifespan)

Vicky

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, that's definitely not it. I'm positive because I remember very vividly typing in AppleWorks on them. It would be identical to a G3 All-In-One, except the top and sides are blue. The specs would probably be the same. It would have been like buying a tangerine iBook instead of a blueberry iBook. Just the colors were different.

Here's a beige all-in-one for $25:
http://store.yahoo.com/lovemacs/g3ai1.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd buy that if I could remember my Yahoo Password....

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ditto. Well I just emailed the apple-history.com guy and asked him if he knows if they made a blue and white G3 All-In-One. So I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Could you contact your old school and see if they know what computers they were using at the time, or if they'd have any old pictures of them around?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
No mention of any other colors...

http://web.archive.org/web/19980509042525/www.apple.com/powermac/g3/allinone/

Look down at the accessories box you see in the bottom corner, is that what you were thinking of?
http://web.archive.org/web/20000229115118/store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore

Nothing shown on the original spec sheet...
http://web.archive.org/web/19980509061001/www.apple.com/powermac/g3/allinone/allinoneg3.pdf

If you have some time, check out the apple.com home page over time, it's pretty cool to see how things have changed.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://apple.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.