• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Our little 8 week old Aussie has Parvo :(

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
I couldn't thank you enough 6string, you're awesome!

I dont have a premier account (whatever that is) so the donate button unfortunately isn't an option for me.

It all does help, especially with the downsizing I had done to pursue other work before we brought Macey home.. and then she nuked us financially...

Thank you again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I couldn't thank you enough 6string, you're awesome!

I dont have a premier account (whatever that is) so the donate button unfortunately isn't an option for me.

It all does help, especially with the downsizing I had done to pursue other work before we brought Macey home.. and then she nuked us financially...

Thank you again.

Pleasure mate... it seems the threads have been merged, but hopefully, it still gets the same attention.
I chipped in what I could, and hopefully everyone follows suit. :)

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
6 string, CWA & Brian, you guys are amazing.

If anyone has any questions.. my paypal/email is [email protected]

thank you thank you thank you guys.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're most welcome. Glad I could help.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Postal Money Order seems to be my best option. Can you post or PM me particulars on who to address and where to send it?

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CWA, I took your advice and actually constructed this site really quick... It has a link to donate via paypal on top. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Macey Malone Donations

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's great. Hopefully you'll be able to get a few more donations that way. I know a lot of people would rather be (at least somewhat) anonymous, so hopefully that does the trick.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you again CWA.

Reaction score
so how is Macey doing?

Don't feel you're the only one in this boat. A good friend of mine, his puppy also contracted Parvo and nearly died. Luckily it pulled thru. Good luck to Macey.
Know the feeling of having to pay sky high vet expenses. Came home last year after going to work for a short time, and our cat's tongue was literally hanging out of her mouth. $1100 later, and only a day or so, she was dead. She died in front of us. It's very sad to lose a pet.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's very hard Long, and we hope to not loose our 9 week old little pup.

Her white blood cell count has come up a small amount, but her platelet level is dropping a bit, which they're going to combat with more Plasma.

We have received a few donations as well, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you Brian,

We visited her again today.. she was also checked by a cardiologist as well due to a heart murmur they had discovered this morning, but she checked out fine according to the doctor.

She's still at the bottom of her plateau unfortunately, so hopefully she starts to show symptoms of improvement.. we can really only afford another 3 days right now of treatment (she'll be hitting the $11,000 mark of treatment including the feeding tube they are administering today, two plasma transfusions, and a couple other of antibiotics).

Pictures below from today's visit:

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=942KOaBkJv8

you can donate if you'd like at.. what we do receive in donations is just to help us extend her treatment so she can pull through.

Macey Malone Donations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Posted this link with this message as my Facebook status.
Macey Malone Donations
"Please help a friend of mine. Every dollar counts.
The bill has been astronomical ($8000 so far), and the owners can only afford another 3 days of treatment.
Once again, every dollar counts."

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Posted this link with this message as my Facebook status.
Macey Malone Donations
"Please help a friend of mine. Every dollar counts.
The bill has been astronomical ($8000 so far), and the owners can only afford another 3 days of treatment.
Once again, every dollar counts."

Thank you so much! You're great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleasure, just trying to help! ...hoping everyone does the same, and posts the same on FB.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE

We just got off the phone with the breeder. Macey (along with 2 other siblings) are the ONLY dogs still alive from the liter of 7. Meaning someone had tracked parvo in there when they were about 8 weeks of age (just before we came and got our little baby).

The other 2 (who went home a few days before Macey) are fine.. Meaning someone came in there and contaminated the liter.

The breeder is devastated, not only did she loose a majority of Macey's liter, but she had another beautiful litter that was in it's own area that she lost as well (a total of 12 puppies (4 from Macey's liter, 8 from another)..

this is just heat breaking and it makes us want Macey to beat it that much more...

Today we talked to the Vet, she said that they had administered a feeding tube and relieved a LOT of liquid that was just sitting in her stomach, which was causing her to vomit a bit and not show any interest in eating (think of being bloated). They also administered the I.V. in her other leg before the body started to fight that off (foreign object) which could be the reason her blood work wasn't improving as fast.

We're still in good spirits, but financially of course it is getting hard.. (this dog is now worth THREE of my first cars). On our donations page we are not asking to raise the entire cost of the treatment, this is of course our responsibility. What we ARE trying to raise is money to keep her in treatment longer than what we can afford so she can kick this.

We're 25% there.. hopefully we can raise more to keep her going.

Macey Malone Donations

Thank you everyone for your support, thank you thank you thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update everyone!

The Doctor just called me.....

her red blood cell count went from rock bottom (a 6).. to... a 22!! 30 is healthy, so she's fighting it after the blood transfusion!

She still has a few more days to go under their care.. what we need now is for the bleeding (bloody stool) to stop (in which it has been slowly winding down).. and for her white blood cell count and platelet level to come back up.. once this happens and she shows an interest in eating on her own she can come home!

I know we're not out of the woods yet, but this is all great news. She's much more alert today, more pink in the gum area.. we're just ecstatic..

Donations have been coming in as well, which is great..we still need to raise more to keep her in the hospital as long as it takes so anyone who can spread the word, thank you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
This makes my heart smile. Go Macey!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's great news.... I've put the word out as much as I can, and I know a few of my friends have donated too, and hopefully more will once they get to my private messages.
Keep us posted mate.

I've put up another post on facebook with your update, but you should update the link too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.