• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Our little 8 week old Aussie has Parvo :(

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
thank you everyone.

No real improvements over night, but I was reminded by my doctor that it really only has been 36 or so hours of being admitted. She said that today will be the "make it or break it" day, so fingers crossed!

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update:

Little macey is responding to the medications!

She has begun eating VERY small amounts today but managed to keep everything down. Her protein levels have come up and are almost normal BUT her white blood cell count has dropped to a low level (the doctor assured me that this is normal, and she's following the trend of all dogs they that typically recover).

So far, things look well.. she also came back negative for any other parasites/etc.. so it's "JUST" the Parvo we're dealing with.

Here she is (I'm holding her) with her momma and poppa ( I really do hope she gets to her mom's size :) )

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wow, that's great to hear. She's a little beauty too. Good luck and do keep us posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ripper mate keep it going!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Looking forward to seeing her big and strong like her parents :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Excellent news. Keep us posted. Sounds promising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Yay! Man, I could just squeeze and kiss that beautiful pup all day! That's great news dude, very happy to hear it.

Doug

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Day 3 of treatment so far..

Across the board everything seems good but her white blood cell count is still very low, BUT this can rebound in a day from what the doctor told me.. it's all about "hitting the lowest point" before they start to improve.

She had a bit of vomit this morning and hasn't shown too much interest in food so they may start her with the syringe and or a feeding tube inserted through the nostril. We'll know by tomorrow.. The good news is that she's alert and walking around her little area.. while most dogs (according to the vet) are usually just laying about with no real interest in interaction... you can tell little Macey wants to get better! I'm attaching a couple of pictures as well as video of little Macey.. the 2nd video of Macey you can see how tired she was. That video was taken maybe 3 hours before we took her to the Vet, and believe it or not.. the 1st video was taken that morning, hours before.

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

YouTube - ‪Macey Playing With Her Toys‬‏

YouTube - ‪Macey The Sleepy Aussie‬‏

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Man... I can imagine the heartache you guys are going through, but I hope you and your partner are keeping your heads up high, sending out all positive energy to little Macey.
Also, let us know how you're going financially with all the vet bills, and maybe the mods can organise a chip in sticky thread here.

BTW, is that your partner singing in the background while doing the dishes?
From what I could hear, she has a really nice voice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Poor baby. I hope she pulls through! Cutie pie! - I'm glad you're trying to get her better. Seems as if many people anymore would just have their pet put to sleep and get another one like they are just some kind of a novelty that can just be thrown away and taken for granted and not their own living, breathing, being.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, let us know how you're going financially with all the vet bills, and maybe the mods can organise a chip in sticky thread here.

BTW, is that your partner singing in the background while doing the dishes?
From what I could hear, she has a really nice voice :)

Thank you.. wow, a "save macey" fundraiser.. wouldn't that be nice (I'm at about $4,600 so far for her.. at the end with a couple more days of treatment it will be around the $6,600 range. Although, this is no one elses problem other than my own.

That is my lady friend singing in the background, I told her about that video and she got red faced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The fund raiser is a great idea. Even if not permitted here, you could still set up a Paypal account or something and link to it for those of us who would like to help you out. That's what communities/friends and family are for.

I'd love to see that precious girl running around.... And man, I wish my wife was able to sing half as good as your mate... or at least would stop trying to in the first place!

Doug

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The fund raiser is a great idea. Even if not permitted here, you could still set up a Paypal account or something and link to it for those of us who would like to help you out. That's what communities/friends and family are for.

I'd love to see that precious girl running around.... And man, I wish my wife was able to sing half as good as your mate... or at least would stop trying to in the first place!

Doug

Thank you Doug, I'll make sure to pass along the compliments to Michelle.

I do have a paypal account, and if anyone WOULD like to chip in just to help ease the blow a fraction of what it is.. that would be great. Of course I'm NOT hunting for money... but after spending this much (not to mention the work I've turned down to make sure I'm home if there's an emergency as well as planning for her return since she'll require a lot of attention within the first week) even someone chipping in for some food for her helps...

If you'd like to PM me for my paypal info, you can. Maybe we can turn Macey into a little Mac-Forums mascot ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Good thoughts from Minnesota. My wife and I have only 4-legged kids. You have a beautiful little girl there and we will keep her in our prayers. She's my desktop wallpaper until further notice. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let's help Whitehorse84 help Macey

As some may be aware, a member of Mac Forums community's poor puppy has been struck with the Parvo virus.
See thread here:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/lounge/241857-our-little-8-week-old-aussie-has-parvo.html

It was my suggestion that we could maybe organise a chip-in, knowing how expensive vet treatment for this can be, so I felt it only fitting that I be the one to post this thread.
Anyone who can help, even just a little (no amount would be too small), I encourage to PM whitehorse84 for either Paypal details or vet details.

Regards
Kane

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thank you.. wow, a "save macey" fundraiser.. wouldn't that be nice (I'm at about $4,600 so far for her.. at the end with a couple more days of treatment it will be around the $6,600 range. Although, this is no one elses problem other than my own.

That is my lady friend singing in the background, I told her about that video and she got red faced.

Fundraisers for our members are not unprecedented and would not be a problem from my standpoint. In fact, one of our other members had a dog that was badly injured a few years ago - I remember him setting up a similar fund then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Can a paypal link be posted here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure how to do that, without putting whitehorse84's private details online for all to see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.