• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iPods

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Sure you can. And you're forgiven. ;D

Where does it say you can directly add contacts, calendar events, memos, etc? I'm just curious because I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I really want an iPod/PDA hybrid and I am hoping the iPod touch is what I am looking for!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I think the touch screen suits the iPod much better than the iPhone. I can see it being a big hit! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Where does it say you can directly add contacts, calendar events, memos, etc? I'm just curious because I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I really want an iPod/PDA hybrid and I am hoping the iPod touch is what I am looking for!

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
is the internet service free or do u need to have a monthly plan

Reaction score
I never liked an iPod until now. iPod touch surely is impressive...something that I wasn't really expecting. It is bit too expensive for me at the moment but I will probably get my hands on one later.

Chubby Nano was not a good idea imo...they should have called it Mini!

Reaction score
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...

And Zune is better than iPod because?

Give me a break. If you don't like iPods at least get something that is worth getting. Like an iRiver or I dunno Meizu or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My thoughts:

Nano:
I think the Nano was fine the way it was and serving it's purpose. The new "Fatty" just looks bad and isn't worth the video option, especially considering the very limited memory which would only allow you to carry a small amount of video anyway. I guess I'll be one of the few enjoying buying a previous model on the cheap.

Classic:
Hey, why mess with a good thing? But, the Classic and Touch are 2 products that should be one.

Touch:
As said before, 2 products that need to be one. The thinness fixation is out of control. Just ask Kate Moss!! (I kid, I kid) Why can't Apple just put the micro-drive in the Touch which has a lot more memory and is much cheaper, GB per GB than flash. The end result would be a Touch with the memory of a Classic for the same price!

It's kind of obvious what's going on. Apple is taking a page from their own book. Think of how many additional sales of next gen iPods Apple made to people who already owned previous gen iPods. Apple capitalized on the slow growth of hard drive memory, and now their positioning themselves to ride that money train all over again with the Touch. Simple, but genius. We'll see intermittent upgrades in memory with just enough feature and style changes to get people to want to buy all over again.

My advice: outsmart the fox. Buy Apple stock and buy your next gen iPods with the almost guaranteed dividend checks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
One more thing:
Ringtones, never bought them, never will. It was a little understandable with cell providers who didn't sell music outright. But for Apple to charge for ringtones of songs you already bought is highway robbery!! Paying the same price for a 30 second clip as you did for the song you just bought is 100% out and out insanity. I really hope this plan goes down in flames for Apple. Honestly, it makes me want to punch a wall, Steve Jobs, and any person who actually participates in it! For anyone who naively believes Apple is in the corner of the consumer, I give you Apple Ringtones.

I beg you all, please do not fall for this BS!! Show a little dignity!

Reaction score
I think what Apple did is wise. The classic has still tons of users and some people would really be sceptical of the new all touch based interface plus the massive screena dn battery life. So, we can say is the 1st gen of iPod Touches are really trials. I believe higher capacity ones will follow. But if you are a user like me that has only maximum 2gigs of songs at one time in his MP3 player, then there is so little reason why you wouldn't go for iPod touch (probably price is one :) ) 16gb would be more than enough for me while 8 would also be sufficient. I like keeping my library in my computer rather than my MP3 player....I put all the hot songs and the things I listen to in there. So, I think Apple's move is not that bad really....and if you want tons of storage, go for 160 gigs, classic is still hot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Freee!!! it's wifi!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
This is great I always wanted an ipod and just never justified the need for it, but now the new ipod nano looks amazing and the ipod touch is even better especially with the wifi.............hmm i wonder which one should i get?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi6
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...
And Zune is better than iPod because?

Give me a break. If you don't like iPods at least get something that is worth getting. Like an iRiver or I dunno Meizu or something.

Also the Zune will not work in OSX at all. You would have to use Windows just to access and add music to the Zune. If you love Macs, don't get a Zune. I have nothing against the Zune by the way, so no one get offended. It's just it will not work with the OS I use daily, so it's worthless to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Will the iPod touch be in stores on Sep.28? I'm soooo buying one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2Ghz, 500GB + Basic Macbook
Whilst I do want a new ipod, I have already put money aside for the iphone, so I dont want to get the touch as well.

Do I really want to get another ipod as well as an iphone

Well of course I do but I dont think I can justify it as the only problem with mine is it is a bit slow...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
has my thoughts thread been removed because it just redirects to this one.

any one know. i dont know i just would like to know if i post on this one or try and find the thread that i posted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
The new ipod touch seems like such a wasted opportunity. I was raring to get one of these, but really - 16GB!?!

That is laughable. I think i'll stick to my ipod classic until they release a sensible hard drive (60GB+).

Loving the new 160GB classic though, that's awesome! The new nano looks wierd though....

Reaction score
The new ipod touch seems like such a wasted opportunity. I was raring to get one of these, but really - 16GB!?!

That is laughable. I think i'll stick to my ipod classic until they release a sensible hard drive (60GB+).

Loving the new 160GB classic though, that's awesome! The new nano looks wierd though....

They had to keep them distinct (Classic and Touch) until the day that Apple is ready to make a switch to the next gen iPods imo.
What is laughable about 16 gigs? Did you guys forget cassettes and stuff already! lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
has my thoughts thread been removed because it just redirects to this one.

any one know. i dont know i just would like to know if i post on this one or try and find the thread that i posted

Your thread was merged with this one, apparently. Starts on page 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
I think 16 gigs is ample storage for any normal person.

Seriously, how much of people's music collection is listened to at any one time. Even the most eclectically minded out there will generally have groups of albums that they will alternate between, for this purpose all of the iPods, apart from the Classic, are perfectly suited.

But apple knew that there would be people out there intent on storing as much music and video as they can possible squeeze onto a single mobile device. That's why they kept the classic and increased the storage capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I travel a lot, my 60gig ipod is full, ideally - i need more.
I do agree, I can't listen to all that music at once - but if I am travelling I cannot take my computer with me. I like the option of being able to listen to anything I want to.

I just think it's a bit of a waste with such a small HD. Still, at least in another year they will release a new version with a bigger HD. i'll wait for that one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.