• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iPods

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz CD 2 GB RAM, 23" Samsung HDTV/Monitor , JBL Creature II, Apple Xbox 360,
on another forum that had a rumor thread yesterday i was like, If apple makes the new ipod have wifi, touchscreen, coverflow, and work like the iphone when you move the screen,I would gladly get one, and I only have 3.8 gb of songs, but only 2 gb have album artwork so the 8gb model is perfect for me :D

Reaction score
It's nice for sure...but why the heck doesn't it have a weather, notes, and stocks icons like the iPhone does?? Seems to me that it should incorporate everything the iPhone has minus the phone feature.

Yeah, not to mention mail. I hope that these will be added before release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I will be buying a Black 160Gb within the next few weeks.

Reaction score
yeh i might have to pick up the 80gig
i only have a 100gigs of music and that doesnt justify the cost for me atleast

cause who watches movies or pics on their ipod anyway

oh and would anyone happen to know if its thinner than the current ipod 30gig video and if it will fit in the same dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
16gb is not enough for video imo. One of the things I like about my 5G pod is I can have my entire record collection and pretty much as many movies/tv shows as I want.

Video takes much more memory than music so lets put a 160gb hdd in a pod aimed at music and 16gb in one aimed at video! Massive mistake imo.
What a shame it has everything I wanted except the storage space. I'm gutted and may have to look elsewhere.

OP
T
Reaction score
now my question for the new nano is, will they work like the "old" nano with third party accessories?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
i'll wait til the 80gb hits refurb stores for 200 bucks.

Reaction score
You wouldn't. So get a classic.

For those of us that want additionally PDA and wifi functionality and the nice big screen, slimmer profile and more reliable device with no moving parts and don't need our entire library on it, we would. :D

So where's the PDA? You can't add diary events, memo's to-do's etc can you? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz CD 2 GB RAM, 23" Samsung HDTV/Monitor , JBL Creature II, Apple Xbox 360,
i hope that they will have more widgets that will be downloadable, I watched the ipod touch video and read all the info on apple but can't see to find this, I definatly will be getting one, I will be getting the 8 GB model. I hope they will have a mail for all type's of email including tmail, hotmail, gmail etc. and a widget for weather cus i use mine a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
So where's the PDA? You can't add diary events, memo's to-do's etc can you? Forgive me if I'm wrong.
Sure you can. And you're forgiven. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
16gb is not enough for video imo. One of the things I like about my 5G pod is I can have my entire record collection and pretty much as many movies/tv shows as I want.

Video takes much more memory than music so lets put a 160gb hdd in a pod aimed at music and 16gb in one aimed at video! Massive mistake imo.
What a shame it has everything I wanted except the storage space. I'm gutted and may have to look elsewhere.

To be fair, the ipod touch is hardly aimed at video. Sure, it has the nice screen, but it's not what it's aimed at. It's more a jack of all trades, and not meant to contain one's entire library of anything (except maybe pictures). For on-the-go carry along a couple movies, a couple day's worth of music, and a bunch of pictures. Factor in PDA functionality & internet and you'll start to see why some might want it.

Besides, we'll eventually see larger capacities for flash. HDD will eventually be pointless on a portable device.

Reaction score
Well, there's the niche thread of the new product haterz, and whatever is said, fact remains: Apple will sell more iPods and more music this winter thatn ever, and a lot of coffee will be drunk in NYC and Seattle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 2gb Ram 15.4" Santa Rosa
why would they do only 16GB???? With all the TV shows and movies... isn't that just too small? My last ipod is 60 gig, don't think I'll use all of it, but with the option of downloading movies and videos, the space would go faster.

Any news on when they will release these with bigger HD's?

Otherwise I love the new style :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My reactions:

1. The Nano's form needed to change to accommodate video, period. It just couldn't be done well in the same shape as the existing Nano. It's still tiny and thin, but now it has more capability and "bang for the buck".

2. Pricing and storage capacity on the "Classic" are awesome. The $250 pricing for the 80GB makes Microsoft's move of reducing Zune pricing to $199 for the 30GB model largely irrelevant. I'll gladly pay an extra $50 for more than 2/3 the storage, iPod flexibility and compatibility with car integration. This was a great move. I also like the full metal body as opposed to the easily damaged clear plastic face of the 5G (not that it couldn't be overcome with a good case).

3. I was a bit disappointed with the iPod Touch. Pricing is a bit too high given the limited storage capacity (understandable with flash being the storage medium). To me, this is sort of the "ultimate" version of the iPod and it should have capacity to match. Even with 16GB, it will barely fit my music collection, let alone video.

Other thoughts...

It seems a bit ridiculous to have to pay $0.99 for the privilege of using music that you already own as a ring tone. Had they chosen to make this capability free, it would be a huge selling feature for the iPhone and the iTMS.

The price reduction on the iPhone is going to disappoint a lot of iPhone early-adopters. This is the price point it should have been at all along. I also don't understand why these things (including the iPod Touch) can't have an SD card slot.

Just my $0.02....

mi6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2gig ram
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I think the 160GB ipod classic was the best announcement that came out today.

Seconded. The iPod touch is cool, but the whole reason I got an iPod was so I could fit all my music on there, have it wherever I go and not have to choose out of 10,000+ songs which ones I want with me that day. I couldn't do that; I never know what I'm going to want to listen to when.

Now my music library is 72GB, movies another 100GB (and will be more when I get round to putting the rest of my movies on there), TV shows another 50GB (and again, I've got probably 3 times as many on disc waiting to be added as soon as I get a bigger HDD for it all). That's not taking into account Podcasts, Games, or Photos. My 60GB iPod just doesn't cut it anymore.

Music is my main concern; if there's enough room for a few movies, TV shows and the like then that's a bonus.

Also, because my library is so large it's limited to an external HDD (250GB at the moment; soon to be upgraded to 500GB because I've run out of space)... not ideal when my only computer is a laptop... what happens when I'm on the move? Well with 160GB I can at least have all my music and my fave movies with me.

I can't wait to get mine; rightly or wrongly it'll be one of the first things I buy with my student loan.... hey, Apple is always pushing the iPod as an educational device too right?!

JRV

Reaction score
That new iPod Nano looks terrible. My old iPod Nano looks cooler than that thing. Mine doesn't have video but I don't want video, that's why I bought a Nano to begin with. Apple is trying to hard. I can't get over how ugly this thing is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
New Ipods!!! Are Here!!!

And they look pretty freaking sweet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.