• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New accuired taste of beer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
For some reason, I enjoy the taste of beer now! When I was younger, I use to hate it! Is this normal?! haha Maybe it was because we were all to cheap to buy good beer maybe?

Reaction score
I always liked beer. Then again I am colombian/cuban so needless to say I drank at an early age..LOL. When I was younger I used to go through phases of only drinking beer and not standing the taste of liquor...and vice versa.

Weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
You're just becomming a man now. Think of it sort of like "puberty." so-to-speak lol.

I love beer. Mostly imports.. I rarely drink anything domestic, it seems like a waste of money to buy bad-tasting beer.

It's like.. Domestic beer is what I pee out after putting back a few pints of Guinness or Heineken or Stella.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally don't drink, but I have a couple of friends who hated beer when they first tried it but now have no problem drinking it. One of them told me that beer is an "acquired taste", so looks like you're not off :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I brew my own beer most of the time but am a big fan of local brewery's. I rarely drink imports because 9/10 times they are not nearly as good as they are from their native countries and it spoils it a bit for me.

http://beeradvocate.com
http://www.ratebeer.com are great sites to get others opinions on beers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I used to hate it, but now that I started drinking it more ive grown to enjoy the taste and get used to it. I know a guy that just cant drink it, he's tried a bunch of different kinds and always tries beer when we go out and he still doesnt like it.

Reaction score
Little children like sweet things because their instinct tells them it has sugar, thus carrying lot of energy which they need.

Beer has a lot of energy as well, but it's fermented taste tells children "This drink is spoilt" so they don't like.

Just my theory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
You're just becomming a man now. Think of it sort of like "puberty." so-to-speak lol.

I love beer. Mostly imports.. I rarely drink anything domestic, it seems like a waste of money to buy bad-tasting beer.

It's like.. Domestic beer is what I pee out after putting back a few pints of Guinness or Heineken or Stella.

pub-erty eh? heheh

I don't care much for beer at this point in my life. Never really liked it. I love my sake though. I'll have that (in moderation) with a good meal any day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I personally don't drink, but I have a couple of friends who hated beer when they first tried it but now have no problem drinking it. One of them told me that beer is an "acquired taste", so looks like you're not off :black:

I learned to love it
prefer lager tho, not really into bitter
prefer alcopops tho, i guess its just my age

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I have tried beer and I don't like it. The most I have had is half of a can.

When I was younger I used to like the smell of it.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
I'm only 19, but I'm over the puberty thing, haha! Maybe my taste buds change? I'm not very good with substances that change the chemicals in my brain. Maybe drinking isn't the best thing for me? haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Beer is definitely something you have to get used to. It took me over an hour to finish my first beer ever (granted it was Busch Light, hahaha). Now I can pretty much drink as much as I want of it, although there are certain beers I can't stand; two coming to mind are any beer made by Miller and Heineken.

I compare it to coffee. When I was younger I couldn't even think about drinking coffee, let alone coffee ice cream. Well now, less than a year later I am drinking coffee everyday, black. I started out small, with tasty things like Cappuchinos. Then I started to drink coffee loaded with cream and sugar and what not. Now, if I try to drink coffee sweet like that it kind of makes me sick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I used to HATE beer, it definatly took me awhile to get accustomed to the taste and learn to like it. The first beer I drank and made me want to keep drinking it was Yuengling. Tasty!

Sam Adams has a ton of good brews as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
When I was younger, I used to hate broccoli and loved liver & onions.
Now, the complete opposite is true.
Think nothing of the sudden enjoyment of malt beverages.
However, try to fine tune the taste to enjoy beers OTHER than the swill that is mass produced in the USA for the average consumer (Miller, Bud, Coors, PBR, etc)...enjoy the good stuff like stouts, ales, pilsners...

Reaction score
Oh how lucky I am that I don't have to endure the watered-down "beer" that you get in the U.S.

In Switzerland, we have some good beers, but recently I was in Prague, and wow that was one Beer-Gourmet Trip! My favourites are Plzensky Prazdroj and Staropramen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
we have good beer in canada too. not the watered-down stuff in the U.S.

I have always loved the taste of beer. even when i was really little.

T

todd51

Yes, it is an acquired taste for most people. I first drank Keystone Light being a poor college student, and well I had a bad night of it and I threw up that night. From then on I could NOT stand the taste of beer, it made me gag.

Finally I told myself I'm going to keep drinking it till I like it because I don't want to have to go to the bars when I'm older and order "girly" drinks such as Mike's Lemonade or Smirnoff. After many parties, I have finally been able to drink beer and like the taste of it. I mostly drink domestic beer such as Bud Select...every once in a while I'll buy some Corona or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Yes, it is an acquired taste for most people. I first drank Keystone Light being a poor college student, and well I had a bad night of it and I threw up that night. From then on I could NOT stand the taste of beer, it made me gag.

Finally I told myself I'm going to keep drinking it till I like it because I don't want to have to go to the bars when I'm older and order "girly" drinks such as Mike's Lemonade or Smirnoff. After many parties, I have finally been able to drink beer and like the taste of it. I mostly drink domestic beer such as Bud Select...every once in a while I'll buy some Corona or something.

I like beer, girly drinks are bad in public lol.
Just say you have to drive so you dont want to drink :p
I learned to like beer like smoking
but gave up smoking because i thought it was stupid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
I have tried beer and I don't like it. The most I have had is half of a can.

When I was younger I used to like the smell of it.

Beer is MUCH better in a frosted glass. :bushman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't drink anything from a bottle or can unless there is no other option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.