Moving photos from iMac to iPhone

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Maybe I missed it when I read the thread earlier but could you explain what methods you have already tried (including the steps)? I know you have a good bit of experience with Macs but it's easy to skip steps sometimes.

I once spent about two hours attempting to connect several mis to my G5 before I realized that the computer had a line level input (which would not work without an adapter).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
As for the rest, already tried it.

Gheese, I almost forgot the most obvious and simple method using one of Apple's macOS X default applications: Image Capture

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac
Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

That should give you multiple choices of what to use and how to do the photo transfer you are wanting to do. And with all native Apple applications.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
I use airdrop, work perfect in both ways, from Imac to iPhone and iPhone to iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
I use iCloud photos, but I think if you attach the iPhone to the Mac, then look for the iPhone in the sidebar of Finder, there is a tab labelled "Photos" where I think you can put and take photos from the Mac to the iPhone and vice-versa. As I said, I use iCloud, so that function is disabled for me.

Could he have iCloud enabled? Not much to go on as he does not give details.

Pete

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use airdrop, work perfect in both ways, from Imac to iPhone and iPhone to iMac.

Thanks. I second that suggestion, it works as long as both devices are in close proximity and on the same network. I use that method often and it has always worked well.

OP
MagicMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro (2017)

Thank you, that is exactly the answer I was looking for. Worked perfectly. :)

Thanks. I second that suggestion, it works as long as both devices are in close proximity and on the same network. I use that method often and it has always worked well.
Perfect solution, works great and yes, both devices have to be in close proximity of each other. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.