• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lover's Lane... Post Couples pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Here we go, myself and my wife of 5 years. RIDE, note that this is the FIRST picture posted from my recent sailing vacation! I told you I was working on them!! :dive: That is the island of Nevis in the background.

This shot was taken on deck on the sv Polynesia as she lay at anchor off Nevis. It also features me pre-beard, which I started growing AFTER this vacation, prompted initially by American Airlines temporary loss of our bags, which had my shaving kit in it!!

you look great! stop the worrying. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
By the way, we took this cruise to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. The Caribbean seemed perfect - we got married on the beach in St. Lucia, Feb 7 2002!

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Congrats to you!!! She is obviously a great woman to put up with your geekery! :D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting comment RIDE! Many of us here are probably a little "pre-occupied" with our Macs... "geeks" is likely the right word. My dear wife bears it with grace and humor... how about others? Do you ever get any "static" from your signficant other about your Mac usage, or perhaps your Mac Forum usage?

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Interesting comment RIDE! Many of us here are probably a little "pre-occupied" with our Macs... "geeks" is likely the right word. My dear wife bears it with grace and humor... how about others? Do you ever get any "static" from your signficant other about your Mac usage, or perhaps your Mac Forum usage?

I hope you're aware that the comment was in jest Mac57. :D
I am filled with "geekery" myself.

And if by "Static" you mean hearing her say "why the heck are you on that dang thing AGAIN!".... then yes. I get my share of "Static".

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh no worries RIDE, I took the comment in the spirit it was given in. BUT, I have to admit that it resonated, as my wife has now and then commented on my love of my Mac and my computers in general... it made me wonder if others get the odd bit of static from their signficant others as well.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah I get a lot of comments on how much I enjoy my Mac too... Not just that, but I have an addiction (it's not a problem, I CAN stop anytime, I know I can :D) to gadgets... I do a lot of backcountry backpacking, and I have TONS of gadgets (useful) for that hobby... Tiny stoves, knives, rope, emergency gear, etc.... I get a new Cell Phone every few months... right now I'm on the Palm 700p, but I'll get the iPhone when it comes out.

I recently told my wife I am wanting to get a new Macbook with the next revision... she simply replied "oh no".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I hope you're aware that the comment was in jest Mac57. :D
I am filled with "geekery" myself.

And if by "Static" you mean hearing her say "why the heck are you on that dang thing AGAIN!".... then yes. I get my share of "Static".

agreed.

i experience similar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
1154407233_l.jpg

I'm at work and don't have a great picture available :/ ... but here we are! Notice that I am totally grooving on that vanilla malt.

She's the furthest thing from being a geek, but I loaned her my 12inch powerbook for awhile while her Compaq (err, yeah) was in the shop and she got pretty hooked... when she got the Compaq back it was bittersweet, indeed.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I think you have to get them imported from Soviet Russia. Maybe Cuba...

Cuba won't deal... Nor will Russia at the moment... but you wait until the price of oil drops down to $25 - $30 per barrel, and you'll be able to get that launcher for pennies on the dollar!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'd hate to be footin' the gas bill for one of those. I bet instead of having MPG, they have GPM(Gallons per mile)

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'd hate to be footin' the gas bill for one of those. I bet instead of having MPG, they have GPM(Gallons per mile)

LMAO!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I think you have to get them imported from Soviet Russia. Maybe Cuba...
The mobile launcher was Russian. Missile made in China. The spoils of the Cold War.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Yeah I get a lot of comments on how much I enjoy my Mac too... Not just that, but I have an addiction (it's not a problem, I CAN stop anytime, I know I can :D) to gadgets... I do a lot of backcountry backpacking, and I have TONS of gadgets (useful) for that hobby... Tiny stoves, knives, rope, emergency gear, etc.... I get a new Cell Phone every few months... right now I'm on the Palm 700p, but I'll get the iPhone when it comes out.

I recently told my wife I am wanting to get a new Macbook with the next revision... she simply replied "oh no".

haha. rofl. I didn't know other people liked to update there cell phone as often as i do, too. That is good to hear. I am called crazy by many. But I just got the samsung d807 and i think i can wait untill the iphone :D

Oh, and i def. get static from my bf for the forums and for my love of Mac's. He happends to have a very well running windows computer that he built and blah blah. so. you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
My girlfriend on a (nearly) daily basis: "All that you do is read Mac-Forums and GlockTalk for hours."

Me: "So what :("

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Here is me and my wife from Sept. But we still look the same.
256576540_542f4efc7b.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Couple of 60 year old farts last Christmas, married 26 years:eek:neye:

P1010010.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
26 years! Congratulations MUDCRABS! That is an accomplishment... and you both still look happy!!

Reaction score
Pretty trendy lookin' 60 year olds.

Age is a state of mind.

Cool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.