• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lounge Off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That method also worked for me for a post that would not send.

I've had two other such occurrences today:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

No Copy, erase, paste method or anything else would work. So I finally just erased all text and just closed the window. End of problem. :D

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Patrick

I'm interested to know whether you had inserted any images because when I have encountered this problem and it was text only, Copy/Erase/Paste worked fine.

But not if there was an imported image.

And Bob posted earlier that when he got this message, the Copy/Erase/Paste worked after he had removed the image.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Patrick

I'm interested to know whether you had inserted any images because when I have encountered this problem and it was text only, Copy/Erase/Paste worked fine.

Hi Ian,
I have had the "Opps..." problem when doing a reply with just plain text and also with a screenshot image attached.

I just figured that the server was tied up and busy somehow and just couldn't manage anything else. With some of them, I just didn't even bother trying anymore and carried on. I just like and expect things to work at least consistently as they should, and a small image attachment shouldn't affect much. :rolleyes:

PS: I almost didn't recognize your post with your new avatar image I just noticed.
What part of Wales???

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
What part of Wales???

How observant of you, Patrick. The old one got all blurred in the transition to the new Forums.

Answer to your question: same area. Previous one was looking from Deganwy towards Conwy.

This one is taken in Conwy looking out over Conwy Marina. Both pics about 20 minutes walk from our house.

Thank you very much for noticing.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This one is taken in Conwy looking out over Conwy Marina. Both pics about 20 minutes walk from our house.

That is a nice looking area.

I looked up Conwy Marina on Google Maps and got a bit of the layout of the local area and there was one odd thing that is so typical of so many marinas... the main parking lot area was basically 90+% full, yet almost every moorage spot was full with a boat.

That used to happen at the marina where we used to moor our boat and I could never really figure out the reason unless everybody was just enjoying their time on their boat tied up In their mooring space. Certainly would be a gas saver!!!!

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Nice avatar Ian, looks like a lot of us updated in line with the “new look” Mac Forums. I did.
This thread has turned into a bug topic but most of my “Oops” have been text only and mostly on portable devices so no floppy disk icon but as in the past copying the text, reloading the page then pasting into a new reply has worked for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice avatar Ian, looks like a lot of us updated in line with the “new look” Mac Forums. I did.

And a lot better and more respectful looking as well Rod, if I may say so.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thanks Patrick, my wife likes it too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Patrick, my wife likes it too.

That sounds like you have your priorities sorted out correctly, :D

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.