• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Judgement Day 21 May 2011 . . . . ..im still here. Someone got it wrong lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I saw on the news that the idiot that predicted it couldn't understand why it didn't happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I saw on the news that the idiot that predicted it couldn't understand why it didn't happen.

I bet he didn't give away his worldly possessions. :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Nope, but in the article they interviewed a guy that took last week off of work and packed his family up for a trip across the country. Said he was looking forward to rapture to get rid of his growing pile of debt. I'm sure that his trip really helped that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Guys like that really irritate me. He gives Christians a bad name.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

I don't understand why people take only parts of the Bible out, and then make it what they want to be. The Bible was meant to be read as a complete set, not only certain chapters and verses. I find it hard to believe that he didn't read that verse. He had to have known. He is just ignorant. Oh well, there goes another false prophet, and he wont be the last.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
Guys like that really irritate me. He gives Christians a bad name.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

I don't understand why people take only parts of the Bible out, and then make it what they want to be. The Bible was meant to be read as a complete set, not only certain chapters and verses. I find it hard to believe that he didn't read that verse. He had to have known. He is just ignorant. Oh well, there goes another false prophet, and he wont be the last.

I'm not well versed in the bible so please don't be offended by my question or flame me for it but doesn't the bible also say something about a wise man being told by God when it is and what to do? I'm probably wrong... haven't read it... just going off heresay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
ECCLESIASTES 8: 5-7
Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.

All depends on your interpretation of the verse.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.

Come to think of it, i remembered reading something about this thread topic a while ago, and then it popped up in my news feed so excuse me if it was but do i remember seeing something in your sig about it ??

Honestly it has been racking my mind and having you post now something has clicked with me ??
Or was it someone else?? Im sure i saw it somewhere here ??

Dont know anymore lol

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I would have thought he'd have jumped off a cliff by now. Kind of surprised that his followers aren't hunting him down with pitchforks and torches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Yeah that's what I thought... It's so confusing lol that's most of why I haven't ever finished reading it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Come to think of it, i remembered reading something about this thread topic a while ago, and then it popped up in my news feed so excuse me if it was but do i remember seeing something in your sig about it ??

Honestly it has been racking my mind and having you post now something has clicked with me ??
Or was it someone else?? Im sure i saw it somewhere here ??

Dont know anymore lol

Yeah, I had a link to it in my sig :p

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So, what? No end to the earth? Does that mean I have to go to work tomorrow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Honestly, how can any Human with a once of nouse believe that the world is going to end bc the bible says so ???

How about just because it's logical. Got any dinosaurs down under? ;)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Oh, if anyone is wondering, if my leg is okay, since it fell asleep. It's fine. I just sat on the toilet seat oddly.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Oh, if anyone is wondering, if my leg is okay, since it fell asleep. It's fine. I just sat on the toilet seat oddly.

iWhat/Rob: 2, Rapture: 0

to quote Sheen, Mac-Forums is full of win.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.

This is how I would interpret it (as I feel most others would as well).

"Whoso.... evil thing":

If you follow the 10 commandments, your wont be sinning, or something to that affect.

"And a wise......":

I could see people getting "Judgement Day" out of that, if they took it out of context. Considering the prior part of the verse, I would assume your heart will know the timing (unsure about that part), and judgement. The judgement would be something to the effect of "You know what your doing is wrong" ect. That is just a rapid analysis.

As far as comments on "haven't read the bible, it's boring, confusing ect".

I am a pastors son. I have read some of the Bible. But I am not the first to say that :
A. It is a tuff thing to read
B. It can be VERY boring. Ex: The middle of Genesis when they take up 2 pages for listing descendants of people.
C. I can be very hard to understand at times.
D. If taken out of context you can make it say ANYTHING you like

In my opinion, though it can be very dull, there are many important life lessons to be learned for EVERYONE. Not just someone who believes, but anyone. Money management ect.

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to convert anyone or anything like that. I don't intend to come off that way. Just giving my view. Same as you are to tell me that you find the Bible useless ect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It is probably better for me to stay out of this altogether, but I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. So against my better judgement:

1) I am a believer
2) I do believe what the Bible says
3) I don't believe it says what most people think it says
4) I believe the man behind all of this is a senile and deluded moron who is causing a lot of embarrassment to those of us who call ourselves Christians
5) I fully understand why anybody with any common sense would make fun of him, but please don't paint the rest of us with that brush

Exactly and felt it worth repeating very well said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I do agree that even for a non-believer it has great life lessons. I've tried to learn it because of that but I can't seem to do it. I don't know what it is I just can't seem to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes I do agree that even for a non-believer it has great life lessons. I've tried to learn it because of that but I can't seem to do it. I don't know what it is I just can't seem to do it.

I can see how that would be difficult to try "out of the blue" on your own. Sadly, some people turn to one of these crackpots like this nut who really messes things up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.