• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Jobs has surgery to remove cancerous tumor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040802/D846OMK80.html

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Steve Jobs, Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL)'s charismatic co-founder and chief executive, said Sunday he had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his pancreas.

In an e-mail message to employees, he said he will be off to recuperate during August and expects to return to work in September.

He identified his cancer as an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which he described as rare and said could be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed early. He said his was caught early.

A far more deadly - and common form - of pancreatic cancer is adenocariconoma, he said.

"I mention this because when one hears 'pancreatic cancer' (or Googles it), one immediately encounters this far more common and deadly form, which, thank God, is not what I had," he said in the message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well I hope he's ok and recovers well

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Steve Jobs = my #1 idol. A genius, and insanely great person. He thinks different.
In this time of hardship, all we can do is pray.

M

markceltic

On another forum *cough cough* this same subject went on to become ways to use a laptop properly.What with all the electromagnetic fields & such people were concerned if this led to Steve's illness.Which btw Steve if you're reading this get well soon!

N

Nightblade

TylerMoney said:
****. What a shame. See, being vegan won't keep you safe.

Vegan? I thought he was just a vegetarian. Wow, now that I know he's a vegan, I have even more respect for him (I'm not even a vegetarian, but I have great respect for them and even more for vegans). So, I hope he gets back to his old self soon enough, and he hope he's OK in time for the unveiling of the G5 iMac!

P.S. It's really rare to find a capitalistic billionaire CEO that's a vegan! That's pretty cool! Then again, Bill Gates gives a lot of money to charity, so I guess it balances out.

Reaction score
Don't fall for the hokum about the EM fields in computers being dangerous. No links between such EM fields and cancer have been established. Furthermore, the only way for such an EM field to provided any form of harm is when it converts to heat. So if you keep yourself from being burnt by the computer, then you are safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
what the **** are u talking about? whats EM? electro-magnetic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
who cares if he's a vegan. I bet there have been some vegetarian or vegan rapists or murderers. What is itabout not eating meat that commands respect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
not eating meat is apparently good for ur body and for the earth, the soil and all that

I

Icarus

If we aren't supposed to eat meat why do we have these little pointy teeth? C'mon folks...eat a cow! It's the RIGHT way to do things! (oh, good luck steve....?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Exactly....we don't stop lions from eating zebras...it's nature. The only difference is we have an efficient way of making sure our food is safe to eat and not raw.

I

Icarus

I think lions are also stronger than we are in terms of diseases...I mean, if we ate all of our meat raw? I shudder to think. It's also go to taste TERRIBLE!!

C

chronogoof89

Icarus said:
I think lions are also stronger than we are in terms of diseases...I mean, if we ate all of our meat raw? I shudder to think. It's also go to taste TERRIBLE!!

Raw meat actually doesn't taste that bad. ... I've had a really under cooked burger before it was not bad. Also, I think if humans ate raw meat for generations, and your mother at raw meat while you were developing, etc - we could be fine with raw meat. Cooking it is best though, also I think most animals are immune to many raw meat diseases - which I think we could eventually get (and probably used to have) if we adapted to eating raw meat over a long time.

But no, I don't think being a vegan is better or more natural or anything. Its less natural in fact.

C

CaptainMack

you now what they say, "if we werent supposed to eat animals, why did god make them out of meat."

G

Gamer

MoronS WRONG FORUM

Look, This Is A Get Well Steve Forum Not A Greenpeace Web Survey So Unless Your Going To Say Get Well Steve, Get Out!!!!!!!!!!!

We Are All Think Of You Steve!

Adam
Canada

N

Nightblade

Gamer said:
Look, This A Get Well Steve Forum Not A Greenpeace Web Servey So Unless Your Going To Say Your Get Well Steve, Get Out!!!!!!!!!!!

We Are All Think Of You Steve!

Adam
Canada

Yeah! So, how is Steve doing? Will he be better in time for the unveiling of the G5 iMacs?

G

Gamer

Nightblade said:
Yeah! So, how is Steve doing? Will he be better in time for the unveiling of the G5 iMacs?

No, I was just reading somthing on that on macdailynews.com and they were told that new guy would be doing it, whats his name?

Question were are the websites marshals because you guys sure do get off track!

P

PinkPhishDoors

I was a little late in to this topic but-gamer life sucks, i am gonna say it anyways...

There is plenty of proof that states humans haven't the right "architecture" for eating meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

-
-

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.