iTunes Match issue

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm so sick of all the apple flaws in the last years and a discover a new one in iTunes Match.
Looks like I can't activate anymore Match on my iPhone cause I always have the same message "This device is already associated with an apple ID".

I tried everything to solve this problem but nothing seems working! :\
You're my last hope guys! :D

Does anybody experienced this problem?
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How many Apple IDs do you have? And is your iPhone registered with your Apple ID or with someone else's? The error you're getting usually happens when you're using a device that has another Apple ID associated with it, not yours.

OP
T
Reaction score
I have two different apple ID, one english and one german, but I used the german one just to download some app for my bank.
For the rest I use the english one where I bought iTunes Match.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You must have used a different Apple ID for your iPhone because it doesn't line up with the one you used for iTunes Match. You need to call Apple customer service and get it straightened out.

OP
T
Reaction score
Do you think it's possible to contact them online? I'm not so happy to make a phone call to the United States! :)

C

chas_m

There's no need to call or contact anyone. Just switch your "store" back to the one you signed up for by logging out of the German store, then log into the correct store (as seen at the bottom of the main page).

Then iTunes Match will work again.

OP
T
Reaction score
There's no need to call or contact anyone. Just switch your "store" back to the one you signed up for by logging out of the German store, then log into the correct store (as seen at the bottom of the main page).

Then iTunes Match will work again.
No, the problem is still there even if I switched back to the english store with the original apple ID.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, the problem is still there even if I switched back to the english store with the original apple ID.

That's because your device (iPhone) is registered under a different Apple ID. I'm assuming you're in Germany now? Are you close to an Apple store?

OP
T
Reaction score
That's because your device (iPhone) is registered under a different Apple ID. I'm assuming you're in Germany now? Are you close to an Apple store?
Yes, now I'm in Germany.
Actually I didn't think about visiting an apple store... I'll try this evening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.