iPhone 4 cases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Some good looking cases. I hope some of them end up on Apple's free case list, but I doubt they'll offer anything too nice for free.

My choice would be between:

Griffin Reveal
Incase Slider (had one of these for my 3G and really liked it)
Switcheasy Nude
Incipio NGP

Like most, I want something that maintains the form-factor as much as possible without losing decent protection. It has to go beyond the edge of the front to protect the front glass for me because that's how I broke the glass on my 3G: dropped it and hit right on the edge of the glass in the corner so the glass took all of the force of the impact in a very small spot. I'm worried that some of these cases don't provide that kind of protection or wouldn't offer enough shock-absorption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Some good looking cases. I hope some of them end up on Apple's free case list, but I doubt they'll offer anything too nice for free.

My choice would be between:

Griffin Reveal
Incase Slider (had one of these for my 3G and really liked it)
Switcheasy Nude
Incipio NGP

Like most, I want something that maintains the form-factor as much as possible without losing decent protection. It has to go beyond the edge of the front to protect the front glass for me because that's how I broke the glass on my 3G: dropped it and hit right on the edge of the glass in the corner so the glass took all of the force of the impact in a very small spot. I'm worried that some of these cases don't provide that kind of protection or wouldn't offer enough shock-absorption.

I'm an Incase customer for life. My Slider has saved my iPhone several times and I have little doubt that their design is among the best available. I would have liked to have seen a bumper-like model from them for the iPhone 4 so I could have the back exposed (for whenever I actually get an iP4). The Apple Bumper, from what I've read, is so thick that many, if not most accessories simply can't connect properly, I know some 3rd party docks don't quite connect even with incase's Slider, but most do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
Incipio NGP is so far the best. The SwitchEasy Nude should arrive by Tuesday. I'll be able to report back than. I've read too many things against the Griffin Reveal. That was originally my first choice, but it's not even on my list anymore. I still want to check out the Speck HardCandy and the otterbox cases.

Reaction score
Just a thought. Why hasn't anyone who makes the screen protective film also just make a strip that goes around the body also?:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm a big fan of Switch Easy. I have a Switch Easy Colors for my iPhone 3G. Today, I checked and now Colors is available for the iPhone 4. On Thursday, only NUDE was available. I prolly would have ordered Colors. I'll have to see when NUDE arrives, whether I keep it. I do like the NGP though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So here's my reviews of the two cases I received last week.

I have the NGP from Incipio and the DermaSHOT.

I like the NGP better as it keeps to the shape of the iPhone. I like the feel and it doesn't collect lint. The flash with this one works fine.

I like the DermaSHOT that it appears to be more impact resistant. But, don't like that it collects lint and isn't as secure on the iPhone as I would like it. And, the flash with this one works fine too. Incipio support actually recommended to me, via email, the DermaSHOT over the NGP.

Next review is the SwitchEasy NUDE. Might get the Otterbox, but don't know.

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Incase to release their iPhone 4 product line. Errr... at least I would be if I had an iPhone 4...

I am too! I love their Incase Slider. My ip4 is on the way... Incase needs to hurry up!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
So here's my reviews of the two cases I received last week.

I have the NGP from Incipio and the DermaSHOT.

I like the NGP better as it keeps to the shape of the iPhone. I like the feel and it doesn't collect lint. The flash with this one works fine.

I like the DermaSHOT that it appears to be more impact resistant. But, don't like that it collects lint and isn't as secure on the iPhone as I would like it. And, the flash with this one works fine too. Incipio support actually recommended to me, via email, the DermaSHOT over the NGP.

Next review is the SwitchEasy NUDE. Might get the Otterbox, but don't know.

Thanks for the review.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Does anyone know if there is a case like the Marware C.E.O. Premiere that has a magnetic closure? I don't like the white stripe across the Marware version, and the one I have for my 3G has a velcro closure that makes too much noise.

C.E.O. Premiere for iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just want the base otter case. I don't need that much protection.

Reaction score
i've been using an iFrogz Luxe Lean and really like it. i'm waiting for the Speck Pixelskin HD to be available in something other than black. I had an Incase Slider for my 3G and while I liked the concept, it added too much weight/bulk and didn't fit right with a screen protector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Just ordered my speck pixel case via the iphone 4 case program. can't wait till it gets here.

Reaction score
You must not have looked at the front page then....

Apple - iPhone 4 - Case Program

Thank you. While i did open up the main site, I clicked on store and found it unavailable. Thanks again man.

Download the app, and ordered the black bumper. I dont really need it because I should be able to pick up my order Ballistic HC on mon or tues, but for free, I'll take one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
OMG!! I just got an email from apple stating that my case order will ship on September 3rd.....OMG!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered three cases today. I'll review them when I get them. I checked out the reviews at Insights On Early iPhone 4 Case Options and they seem good.

The first one is the Nude by Welcome to SwitchEasy

The other two I ordered are by Incipio:

NGP? Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case for iPhone 4 - Matte Black

Black dermaSHOT® Silicone Case for Apple iPhone 4

I'm waiting for the for the CandyShell by Speck to come in stock at AT&T or Speck: https://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-4/240
I did not like the DermaSHOT, as it collected too much lint. I returned it.

I did not like the SwitchEasy NUDE, and will be sending it back on Monday. It was too flimsy, it did not cover any of the buttons, and just didn't cut it for me.

The NGP seems to be the best now, except that it has a manufacturing flaw. They sent me a replacement, but it as well, has the same flaw.

The only other two options, are one of the OtterBox cases (only one availabe now) and the SwitchEasy Colors (which I have for my 3G and loved it).

And, I got an email that Apple was refunding my money for the Bumper I ordered with my iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm a little surprised at how many are opting for other cases. From everything I've read/seen in the news, tech blogs, etc. I would have guessed the bumpers would be (almost) everyone's 1st choice. Is this a personal preference or due to limited supply of the bumpers?

Just curious...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.