iPhone 4 cases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm waiting for Incase to release their iPhone 4 product line. Errr... at least I would be if I had an iPhone 4...

Reaction score
I just got the Case-Mate Vroom in the mail today. It's pretty good. It's a little on that soft silicone side (just a hair too floppy fit on the sides and a bit of a dust magnet), but not bad overall. I like the tired tread patten on the back, and the front lip appears to provide plenty of good cushion for a face down drop. I have about 3-4 more cases coming in this week so I can compare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I see Belkin came out w/ quite a few iPhone 4 cases, none that really stand out a lot to me (waiting for OtterBox to release theirs). I may just wind up getting one of Belkin's just to have some kind of protection until the OB release.

Belkin : iPhone 4

Reaction score
I have the Belkin Grip Vue and got my wife the Incipio NGP. I like them both a lot. I'd say I probably like the Incipio a hair better, just depends on which feel you like better.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged Duplicate Threads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I plan on returning the bumper and waiting for the otter case that is $20. I already cut some strips of stoneshield(aka invisishield) and applied it on the band. Now there are no issues with degraded signal, no matter how I hold it. The bumper is a scam of a product that should come with the iPhone to begin with!
I like the otterbox, but when?

I considered the Belkin cases but because they didn't show the bottom I couldn't tell if they were open enough to allow 3rd party cords which is my reason for replacing my bumper with a case. Instead for now I'm getting a Barely There case. If I don't like it I'll get something else down the road when there is more to see and choose from.

Here is what I'm getting.....iPhone 4 Barely There Cases by Case-mate

As for polycarbonate, its a type of plastic. Its easy to mold so is quite common.
Barely there is nice too.

i have the incipio feather and love it
And, so is the incipio feather. http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPHONE_4_IPH-512/iPhone-4-cases---Matte-Black-Ultra-Light-feather%C3%82-Slim-Form-Fitted-Case-for-iPhone-4.html

Honestly, I'm sticking it out until Switcheasy releases their iPhone 4 cases. My iPhone 4 doesn't arrive until July 30th anyway, so I figured that gives Switcheasy enough time to perfect and release their creations. (I hope)
I liked my SwitchEast Colors on my iPhone 3G.

The Speck Products also look good.

One more worth considering, Griffin Technology: Reveal for iPhone 4 - Ultra-thin hard-shell case If you order directly from Griffin and you don't like it, there is a 20% restocking fee. Best Buy carries it, but there are none in my area that has it.

So, now I have a quandary. I got my iPhone on Monday and have the bumper just as a temporary solution until I can get a good case. Out of what I have picked that is available now, what is the BEST?

Reaction score
I got an email that the Otterbox was available.

I don't think any case is "the best". It's which case is best for you. People like different styles of cases. I like the iSkin, Belkin Grip, and Incipio NGP style cases. They are the best for me. But maybe not for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Incase has finally announced their iPhone 4 cases.
Incase Wire Coming soon: Cases for iPhone 4

I was hoping they'd do a bumper-style one, but no luck. I don't have an iPhone 4 yet, but the Apple Bumpers in particular I'll be avoiding. I've read a few comments around that they are so thick that many headphones don't have jacks deep enough to fit it properly (mostly just the ones that were designed for the 1st iPhone will work), and most dock connections won't quite connect either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered three cases today. I'll review them when I get them. I checked out the reviews at Insights On Early iPhone 4 Case Options and they seem good.

The first one is the Nude by Welcome to SwitchEasy

The other two I ordered are by Incipio:

NGP? Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case for iPhone 4 - Matte Black

Black dermaSHOT® Silicone Case for Apple iPhone 4

I'm waiting for the for the CandyShell by Speck to come in stock at AT&T or Speck: https://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-4/240

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what you think. I really like the NGP, but don't know anything about the other 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the NGP and I love it. I got a warranty issue with it though. One of the volume buttons are worn. I sent them an email. I think I'll return the DermaShot. What's the difference btwn the two? The DermaShot case calls itself an "anti-slip case" while the NGP calls itself a "impact resistant" case.

Reaction score
I got the NGP and I love it. I got a warranty issue with it though. One of the volume buttons are worn. I sent them an email. I think I'll return the DermaShot. What's the difference btwn the two? The DermaShot case calls itself an "anti-slip case" while the NGP calls itself a "impact resistant" case.

One of my volume buttons looks different too. The upper one is a little shiny while the bottom one looks like the rest of the case. I didn't even notice till i read your post.

I wish they'd start shipping the gunmetal NGP, I need a different color than my wife otherwise she'll accidentally pick mine up and take it to work with her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what mine looks like. Incipio had me email them a picture and my address. I'll see what they say. It just looks wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.