Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Reactions: IWT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
£50 is a lot for a 1tb SSD? (84CN$ on amazon / £48) seems similar
£6 For a wifi adaptor is a lot?

Ouch to £56 in comparison to £1k buying new

I was referring to your remark where you mentioned: "a great machine still thst will cost you £700-1k to improve on." and understood that to mean you meant it would cost that much to improve or upgrade it.

As to your original question about using a later and not Apple-supported macOS
X version on a 2011 iMac, I think I'll just stay using mine where I am, and its older OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan as well.
Besides I can't really think of a feature in a later macOS that I actually need or could use.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
1.Then best you contact your financial institution with an app like anyone else would in 2023 to purchase some new kit, if the ONE website you can't use is so essential I've a great 2011 mac working spiffingly if you want to cut a deal.
2. I'd suggest not putting defecating on your mini, whilst hard metals don't tend to have properties that bode well with diffusion you may cause yourself an injury.
3. Do they have an app... Try that it's 2023. No one uses Internet banking anymore you neglected to respond to this fact. Maybe you aren't aware.
4. I work in cyber security for financial institutions. Its fact and a well known fact. Safari has less than 25% of the Market. There are reasons.
5.i think you've already hit the ground from the sound of it :) now do pick yourself up and dust off.

Keep trying bless you.
I use internet banking all the time, as there are no Royal Bank of Scotland or NatWest banks close to me.
We get a free version of Malwarebytes Premium from RBS and I always turn on my VPN whenever I check my accounts twice each day, morning and evening to check. I use Safari mostly, although I have Brave, Chrome,Opera and Firefox installed on my 2020 MacBook Air

Last edited:

krs

Reaction score
1.Then best you contact your financial institution with an app like anyone else would in 2023........
Far to risky to use a cellphone.
Besides, who wants to use that tiny screen unless for some reason one has to.

Reaction score
Unless you have need of Mac specific software just install Linux. Very easy to do now days. You can either download the OS for free and burn to DVD or put on a USB stick. (I think the 2011 iMac won't boot to a USB stick) or buy a ready made Linux OS for small change. The Linux OS will always be supported with updates and you will always be able to upgrade to the newest Linux OS. You will never have problems on the Internet as long as you run the latest OS version.

I would recommend Linuxmint. I have it installed on my Mid 2011 27" iMac. They have a good support Forum. linuxquestions.org is another good one.

My iMac had the classic won't boot because of bad GPU. I booted a live Linux session from DVD and the GPU worked. Has been working since November 2022. I did then wiped the drive and reinstalled OSX over the internet and the GPU worked perfectly. I now have OS X 10.13.6 running and dual booted with Linux which I usually use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.