iCook for IBM 750FX processor based iBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
hype.it said:
Software Over-Clocking utility for iBook's.

Requirements: IBM 750FX processor

http://www.swieskowski.net/icook/

:D

I saw this recently, and I was definitely intrigued by it. I've done some reading-up on it, and the only thing that's a bit unfortunate is the fact that the chages are reset once the computer is shut down and restarted. Not a huge deal, since I rarely shutdown my iBook, but I'd like it more if the changes held. It's also interesting that OS X apparently won't recognize the upped speed (System Information still displays 900 MHz, for example, even when OC'd to 1 GHz). When I OC'd my Power Macintosh G3 AIO from 233 MHz to 300 MHz, System Information indicated the change. Of course, those changes were made physically with the jumpers, while iCook is obviously software-based. I still think I'll at least give iCook a try though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.