HP Printer notification

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I left my Canon's turned on, so nit wasn't too bad. I wasn't getting as many cleaning cycles as you apparently were, but I still had issues with what seemed to be overly long cleaning cycles before a print run (I sometimes went several days without needing to print something).

My bigger problem with the 980 and 990 models had more to do with the PITA that was wireless network printing. IIRC the 980 actually required you to do the initial setup while the printer was connected to the computer via USB. Let's say the directions were less than helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
My bigger problem with the 980 and 990 models had more to do with the PITA that was wireless network printing. IIRC the 980 actually required you to do the initial setup while the printer was connected to the computer via USB. Let's say the directions were less than helpful.

I will admit that I was never able to successfully get a Canon wireless printer set up using that method and directions they and Apple suggested.

Just using the Bonjour discovery method usually worked very well, as long as one gave the OS Bonjour enough time to discover the printer, as long as it was turned on. Canon also had a network setup utility that worked well and was accessed through one's browser.

- Patrick
=======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
IIRC on the 980 the directions left the impression that you had to use a USB cable to install the driver. Absolutely ridiculous for a printer that's supposed to be network-aware. I think there was a set[ that wasn't even mentioned in the directions but I don't remember what that step was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IIRC on the 980 the directions left the impression that you HAD to use a USB cable to install the driver.

Quite likely, but I was never one to always follow suggestions, especially if I could find a better way, and there usually was.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A lot has changed with the newer Canon printers. Believe me, I've had a bad experience with a previous Canon printer and really was not in the mood to purchase another.

Based on Randy's recommendation and other testimonies, I purchased a new Canon TR8520 when it went on sale at B&H Photo.

It was definitely a joy to set up and get running. I just turned it on and it immediately recognized my network and offered to join (after I supplied the password). The cartridges were very easy to install and within a short time afterward was ready to go.

I haven't used it all that much so I will keep that part for later review.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you contacted HP support or at least went to their driver and support page?

Welcome to our forums.

Read thru the entire thread.

Reaction score
Hello all. On the iMac running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 I have received a small notification window stating. "HPDiviceMonitoring.framework"will damage your computer" The printer I am using is an HP ENVY photo 7134. Apple state it is an issue for HP to sort out believing it requires a software update however looking online it appears to be a problem others are experiencing and when they have made changes it has resulted in a loss of printer/iMac connections and as the printer is working fine at present with both wifi and air drop connections I am loathed to make any changes but concerned re potential damage to the iMac. I have also picked up that this could be a problem with recent OS Mac updates and security updates that are identifying files such as this as being malware. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?
Many thanks
Stephen
Today Thursday 10/29/2020 Apple issued an HP driver update.

Reaction score
I had the same error messages. I ended up loading the HP Easy Scan and HP Smart. Now I can print, but can't use Image Capture. I have to use the HP scan for any scanning work. IT works, but not what I wanted. I would like to get Image Capture back but don't know how to do that. Nor, it seems, does Apple or HP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have to use the HP scan for any scanning work. IT works, but not what I wanted. I would like to get Image Capture back but don't know how to do that. Nor, it seems, does Apple or HP.

Have you tried restarting and maybe try setting up the scanner again???:

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Today Thursday 10/29/2020 Apple issued an HP driver update.

Welcome to our forums.

That update was actually sent out by Apple earlier this week. You probably just received it via updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.