How can I get Music/iTunes into the Cloud

OP
O
Reaction score
Insert the flash drive into the "new" computer then try the following.

1. Open Music and look in Preferences.
2. Check your settings and set them to match the checkboxes on this screen then click OK to close the box.
View attachment 33515
3. Open the flash drive and drag your songs onto the Music program icon in the Dock. It may take several minutes for the songs to import.

If step 3 does not work, which happens sometimes, choose Import from the File menu in Music and import the files that way.

OK, I checked the Preferences in Music, they were checked as you indicated. I clicked OK and when I opened Music, many of my songs were there. I tried to quit Music and was told that music was being downloaded (I don't know from where). I have not inserted the Jump stick..... how? Geeze!

Old Granny Lola

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I tried to quit Music and was told that music was being downloaded

Let it download, Granny. In the end, it matters not at all where the source was as long as your music is there. Maybe, it was in the cloud, maybe...... just wait till it finishes and then tell us - is it all there or are there missing songs?

Ian

OP
O
Reaction score
Let it download, Granny. In the end, it matters not at all where the source was as long as your music is there. Maybe, it was in the cloud, maybe...... just wait till it finishes and then tell us - is it all there or are there missing songs?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.