High Sierra Download URL

Reaction score
No Hackintosh. MacBook Pro. Took out the SSD an put a 500 gig SATA hard drive in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
LRM3, I just tried it and it worked for me. I used the link given in post #1.

Hmmm...??? I thought you were joking there Jake so I tried the same link and it took me to the App store which provided me with an offer to Download macOS High Sierra.

I guess that's one way to get a copy of it.

It doesn't seem to be available separately in the App Store when I just checked.

PS: Does iMazing.app work still work in Catalina as it used to need iTunes installed to work properly if I recall correctly??
Just curious and wondering. :Smirk:

- Patrick=
=====

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Patrick, iMazing works just fine in Catalina. I don't think it was dependent on iTunes, at least I never encountered that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks Jake, and yes that works and has done for some time according to their site:

macOS 10.15 Catalina and iMazing
macOS 10.15 Catalina just got released, and iMazing has been fully compatible since version 2.10.
macOS 10.15 Catalina and iMazing

Just in case any users were curious and wanted to know.

EDIT:
BTW:
I'm a Windows user. Do I need to install iTunes in order to use iMazing?
No need to, no. If you do not have iTunes installed, iMazing will offer to download the Apple drivers needed to communicate with iOS devices.

Maybe the same thing happens with Catalina users, but no big deal regardless.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try the recovery installation. The download was successful. Copying to a thumb drive now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thanks. I will try the recovery installation. The download was successful. Copying to a thumb drive now.
You can copy it to a thumb drive, but that only copies the data/file. You may want to make it into a bootable installer? Or is that what you did?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.