Guest User Shouldn't Need a Password, Right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
One final comment for others that may be reading this thread. It's related to this: On my iCloud drive, there are NO folders named Desktop or Documents. The only things in there are files and folders I have specifically put there to sync to and from my iPad and iPhone. As I said, iCloud drive operates separately from the iCloud Documents and Desktop option.

There would be if you enabled that option though. That’s where they go!!!! Doubt me? You said you’ve never even used it so enable it. When you find out what happens, turn it off and find out again what happens. Until you actually do any of this, you can’t speak to how this works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Apple doesn't offer that, so anything to make it sort of work will be a kludge. If you want an FTP server, you will need to find a service that offers it.

I’m aware of that, yet it (iCloud Drive) isn't acting 100% like it should be for me. I just used ftp as an example of how something would behave if it resided remotely-only.

The description of what you are seeing (drop a file on the iCloud.com and it propagates) means that the macs it is propagating to are still somehow engaged with the iCloud Documents and settings. There are lots of things to check, but I'm not going to enumerate them at this point.

Please don’t. You have never used the feature and are continuing to fail to understand what is going on here. You are making the same-ish mistake I made. I made some theories and assumptions based on fuzzy recollections that my later testing this afternoon partially invalidated. I should have known better than to do that but that contributed to the noise and confusion early on in this discussion.

I’m just going to bow out from here. We are waaaaaaay off from the thread topic anyway.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.