Fun Software for Mac's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
I realize everybody has different tastes, but what makes your Mac fun? What software do you just have a blast with? It can be freeware, or other. I am looking for some fun programs so post away!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I enjoy messing around with candybar and shapeshifter.. Its fun (in my opinion) to mess with the icons and the looks of the display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I really like VirtueDesktops. Sometimes I just flip between desktops and then go "Wheeeeeeeeee" :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I really like VirtueDesktops. Sometimes I just flip between desktops and then go "Wheeeeeeeeee" :bone:
Multiple virtual desktops. I miss them from Linux, and I look forward to having them again in Leopard. Still, after visiting the site, VirtueDesktops looks pretty interesting. I may check into it further. Thanks!

Reaction score
VirtueDesktops ... what can I say .... I love 'em as of 5 minutes ago! Thanks Kash!

~EDIT~ I installed it and it ran for a while and promptly crashed, then I was totally confused about what to do with my virtual desktops and the apps which were open in them - so I uninstalled it and decided that Alt+Tab would do until Leopard arrives.

Reaction score
Quicksilver and rapidowrite are both fun and free (textexpander is free for 30 days then $29, but is more functional then rapidowrite)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
QUICKSILVER is incredible!

I too like VirtueDesktops. I open up some safari windows in 1 desktop, then video windows (QT, VLC, mPlayer, etc) in another desktop, then Mail and iCal in the 3rd desktop.. each with thier own wallpaper, then flip between them (really just to "WOW" friends/family).

What I REALLY like, and is of great use to me, is Multiple User Accounts combined with Parallels... On one (amazing) machine, I can flip from OS X, to XP, to Ubuntu, to Edubuntu (for the kids), with Apps open and running in each of them... 4 OS in 1 beautiful machine all at once.

Reaction score
O kyou got me to try virtue desktop:p is there a way to hide the dock on one of the desktops? I wanna use one destop for final cut or garageband, but like the dock on with other apps. I know how to hide the dock, but I would like to have a desktop with it hidden

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
Ok, I am hooked on Quicksilver; it totally rocks.

Any other wonderful suggestions? Any program that you think is fun that you would like to prompt me to try?

T

todd51

I know it's common among Mac users, but I wouldn't be able to live with Adium. Just the fact that my MSN list and AIM buddies are combined in one nice simple little program, LOVE IT!

Reaction score
I use adium also, and my wife is tired of the duck quack but I love it. I'm just really into quicksilver now I started using the mouse gestures to open apps. I draw a "U" while holding alt, and disk utility opens..I love it. I had to set these up, but they are worth it.

Reaction score
Quicksilver and Textexpander are both great, yes.

But fun?

"I say, see how I type the letters "info" and the word "information" appears! Ye gads, I can barely contain myself, Jeeves! And see here, if I press this key I can automatically append text to a file! Forget Doom3, my friends, it's Quicksilver and Textexpander that'll fulfil my fun requirements from now on..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Quicksilver is a great free program, but I most enjoy Final Cut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Also check out YouControl Desktops. I use this one vs. VirtueDesktops. I like the functionality and the look better. It comes replete with all the cube spinning visual effects that have made Xgl/Compiz such a hit in the Linux world. At this point, Spaces in Leopard is going to have to be pretty good to convince me to use it instead of YouControl Desktops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Everything - OS X is such a treat for me :)

BUT when not working hard (or pretending to at least) then I have recently got hooked on a game called Football manager 2006 which I bought from Amazon market place for £2.50 or something like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I use adium also, and my wife is tired of the duck quack but I love it. I'm just really into quicksilver now I started using the mouse gestures to open apps. I draw a "U" while holding alt, and disk utility opens..I love it. I had to set these up, but they are worth it.

You can get different sound sets for it, if your wife doesn't like the quack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I second WoW!!!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
I used to play wow, I have 3 lvl 60's on Stonemaul. I haven't played in some time though, just don't have the time with school and work. I hear the expansion is fun though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.