Family Tree Maker and Yosemite

Reaction score
I just installed OS X Yosemite and my Family Tree Maker 2 isn't working. My problem seems to be the same one discussed here. I found a website that appears to indicate that Family Tree Maker 3 solves the compatibility problems. Can anyone verify this?

Reaction score
Unknown there have been several people that has said it works and some had to reinstall it check at the software makers site and check

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks. I will do that. I have the original disks so if a reinstall is required, I can do that.

Reaction score
So did FTM 3 work under Yosemite? I'm trying to find out if paying money to upgrade FTM will solve the problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you contact Family Tree Maker support and ask? They have an 800 number in addition to on line support which you can access here.

OP
E
Reaction score
To: br1896
Yes, Family Tree Maker 3 works with Yosemite! And they've made some good updates since FTM 2 too.
I bought FTM 3 at a store so I'd have the CD to reinstall it - just in case. After I installed FTM 3 from the CD, I was directed to a website to download an update (free) to make FTM 3 compatible with Yosemite. It's been working fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.