Did anyone try the new parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
Guess the topic says it all, did any of u guys try the new parallels 3.0. if so is it worth upgrading?

thanx ;)

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry, any beta testers out there? ;P

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
now that its out. whats ur input?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's out? Nice! I really want to pick up a copy, but I want to know how it handles 3D graphics first as that will be one of my primary uses.

Just a little patience. I'm sure within a day or two there will be reviews, Youtube videos, Etc.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
true, thats why i created this thread, i just wanted to see peoples inputs before buying it my self.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
I am running it right now. The thing is great. I have no problems and XP is running smoking fast. I have not tried to install any games yet, I need to see which ones are supposed to work and try some of them out. What questions do you have.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It runs fine so far. It DOES NOT run Aero on Windows Vista (yet). I believe this has something to do with the fact that the 3D card is not properly detected during installation, yet you can't run the "performance score utility" to get Vista to enable Aero (it halts, indicating there's an unknown error). I'd imagine a fix has to be imminent.

I haven't tried any games yet, but will report back when I do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
are you paralleling off of a bootcamp XP drive, or did you go straight Para? expanding or constant size?? system specs please.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are you paralleling off of a bootcamp XP drive, or did you go straight Para? expanding or constant size?? system specs please.

Virtual HDD, dynamic sizing enabled.

<=== Specs are here.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well Eve-Online doesn't seem to work. :(

Did you remember to reinstall Parallels Tools after upgrading? It needs to install the latest version of the video driver.

Reaction score
Did you remember to reinstall Parallels Tools after upgrading? It needs to install the latest version of the video driver.

It installed it automatically after the upgrade, just like originally. Unless there is another version to download.....

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im having problems with installing parallels tools for some reason whenever i try to install them the application closes, im using windows xp home edition. thats what i got with my laptop, it was working fine with parallels 2.5 can someone help me with that?

When i go to Add/Remove programs in windows, i dont see the parallels tools there, but i can find them under c:\Program File\Parallels the mouse switches between osx and widows normally but i cant drag and drop files from windows to osx, even when i enable the clipboard synchronization it doesnt work, any inputs?

regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im having problems with installing parallels tools for some reason whenever i try to install them the application closes, im using windows xp home edition. thats what i got with my laptop, it was working fine with parallels 2.5 can someone help me with that?

regards.

Did you try removing Parallels tools first?

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i cant removing them, nor can i install them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i cant removing them, nor can i install them.

With Windows XP running, click the Actions menu and see if there's an option to cancel the installation of Parallels tools. If so, click it. Then, go into Add/Remove Programs, select Parallels Tools from the list and click 'uninstall'.

Let me know if you get any error messages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Anybody here tried the new Coherence mode? Does that work as well as advertised?

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is install parallels tools, when i click on that, it opens up a window in windows, and it starts installing, then it stops at a certain point and the whole program shuts down.

i cant find parallels tools in the add/remove programs

NVM. i just removed the Parallels folder, and reinstalled everything, its working fine now, thanx for the tip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
Anybody here tried the new Coherence mode? Does that work as well as advertised?

This mode is great. Its a little weird seeing the start bar at the bottom of my mac and the dock off to the left at the same time. This is probably the best part of 3.0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.