Did anyone try the new parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Anyone tried any gaming yet? What game and how does it look? (FPS?)

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
is this what he was talking about? i thought that this feature was available in 2.5 also, i think what he's talking about is running windows programs without running windows or something like that, which i havent managed to do just yet.

@cwa107

Do u happen to know if we can use the wifi as in an actual network adapter in windows rather then the parallels drivers? is it possible to use a wired connection for mac osx and the wireless connection for windows? cuz my wifi doesnt seem to work under osx. the only way to do so is to run windows under bootcamp. thats why im asking this.

Reaction score
now that its out. whats ur input?

Vers 3.0 is great. I use Coherence mode all the time, so I can use Outlook 07 with my exchange account while doing things on my mac.

I still get the message that XP Pro needs more virtual memory but I don't use it that often to give it more.

Parallels automatically recognizes if I am using a wired connection or wireless.

Parallel tools automatically installed for me. The upgrade from 2.0 (i think) was a breeze to 3.0.

Edited: The 1st picture is Coherence mode. 2nd Picture shows all the apps installed on the Mac that you can launch from Windows. It's pretty awesome.

Picture 1.png

{5da210f0-e86f-4f6c-b918-59e9f0c071f1}.png

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
thanx for your input. :) i bought it just yesterday. to be honest i dont know why I did, i dont feel any difference apart from the snapshot option in which u can return to your previous settings, which is great.

Reaction score
I do have one "minor" complaint from last night. I was using Parallels and Windows was locked up tighter than a max security prison and I couldn't even get back to the Mac side of life.

The lock up issue is probably more of a windows problem instead of Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, I'm surprised you couldn't even get back to the Mac desktop.

I play Halo sometimes and it'll freeze me up. At first I kept forcing the power off, but then I found I could get myself out of the full-screen mode by hitting CMD+TAB which let me get out by switching to another program running, or Finder if nothing else. If you haven't, next time give that a try.

Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised you couldn't even get back to the Mac desktop.

I play Halo sometimes and it'll freeze me up. At first I kept forcing the power off, but then I found I could get myself out of the full-screen mode by hitting CMD+TAB which let me get out by switching to another program running, or Finder if nothing else. If you haven't, next time give that a try.

I will give that a try next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.