can I add RAM to my Powerbook?

K

kathleen

Please forgive me if this is a painfully stupid question, but I am completely computer-handicapped.

I just ordered a 12" Powerbook. It comes with 256mb of RAM. I did not add any more as I figured it would be cheaper to buy additional memory from crucial.com and install it. However, when I went to crucial and used the memory finder, it says that there is only one memory slot on my PB. Does this mean only one slot including the 256 installed memory (meaning I would have to uninstall the 256 and actually install 768mb to get the total amount I was hoping for)? Or does it mean there is one memory slot open to add additional memory?

Here is the info I found on crucial if that clarifies anything. http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...erBook+G4+1.33GHz+(12-inch+Display)&submit=Go

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The 256 that you ordered is soldered into the motherboard. There is 1 additional spot for you to add your own chip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No problem. Enjoy your new powerbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.