• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Broke sale: Items for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
For anyone interested in reading about this situation:

Here's how it went.

8/22/13:
Seller seemed like he needed help, and had been on here a good amount of time. I saw the previous history, but gave him a chance.
Negotiated deal to which you stated I would have tracking number, plus pics of the item shipped, that night after helping his aunt(whole thing that caused this situation). He stated UPS closes at 8pm, and that he would have plenty of time.

8/22/13 10:22pm:
I asked if he had gotten the tracking number. He claimed that his brother had all the tracking numbers and info. Now he says he will email me everything before noon the following day.
I asked "you can't get that info now from him?" He replied, "he works nights as soon as hes off he will forward me info and i will send it," and, "he will prob send it on his break at like 2am i promise u will have info before noon." "No worries."
I said, "I'll be waiting for it."

8/23/13 7am: Woke up to no info via text or email. Told him I am not waiting longer than 12am. Takes 10 seconds to send a text with a tracking number.
His reply was, "or what your gonna dispute paypal i knew it." He reiterated that I will get it by noon, and says, "It's 9:40(am) text you at noon thanks."
After agreeing, he replied with this:

8/23/13 11:43am: Seller sends me an email with no info, while claiming the pics and tracking were attached.
I responded, and he said he cant talk because he's at work.
I told him he has one hour to post everything.

8/23/13 1:52 pm: Then he claimed he didn't trust me because I was so claim happy. I'll remind him that next time when he pays $1,184 dollars for something, and it goes south.
He said he was going to intercept the delivery.
I said that was fine.

8/23/13 8:35 pm: I got so busy that day that I had no time to file a dispute until after 8:35, to which he STILL hadn't posted ANYTHING. Yet, he still claims he's the one that doesn't trust me.

He says he has already stopped the shipping, and that he will refund money for dispute.
I asked again about tracking, but he insisted it doesn't matter that I have it. I said, if you intercepted the delivery, refund my money.

I called him shady for his ways of dodging everything, but he turns around and calls me the shady one for making the claim, and calling be a scammer. He still claims it was shipped, but when asked for tracking, he won't post it.

8/25/2013 3:36pm:
Seller claims he was going to stop the UPS interception and actually try to get the delivery going again, but stopped because I had "bashed" him on this forum. Just what exactly did you think I was going to do with a shady traction as yours? Sit and wait for the weekend to end, so all the bank transactions would go through on your end? I don't think so.

I asked for the tracking number again.
He says, "why lol im no longer sending it so tracking now tracks back to my home."
I replied, if it's going back to you, refund my money.
That's when he replied with this:

To which I replied, I'm sure you would think of something like that.
I asked for a refund again.
He says to call paypal because they have my money.
He said they(PayPal) will release it in 30 days, and "unfortunately when you open a dispute that what it is sorry."
These were pretty important statements. PayPal freezes the transaction, and act as the middle man in disputes. The seller has full control of refunds. PayPal ONLY releases funds after 30 days in the event of a seller running with the money after a buyer has not initiated a claim in time, which allows the money to be deposited in any source.
These statements, plus how he claimed he could scam me, were what allowed PayPal to escalate the claims quickly, otherwise it would take 10 days after the initial dispute to escalate the dispute to a claim. It's important to note, that when I was on the phone with PayPal for the claims, they called those comments from the seller as, "scammer comments."

When PayPal escalated these claims, the had to switch the claims and titles manually, which ended the previous disputes with no refund, but initiated the escalated claims afterwards.
The seller was SUPER quick to respond, either like a fool, or simply thought I didn't know what was going on. He says, "There you go, paypal resolved in your favor."
PayPal hadn't been resolved in my favor! Everything was canceled to proceed to the next level of claims.

8/26/2013 3:47: Says he is still waiting on confirmation from UPS about the package.
My thinking was, if the seller refused to give me tracking before due to tracking showing his house as the final destination earlier, what confirmation could he be waiting for that would stop him from providing me with proof of shipping or a tracking number?

8/26/13 4:03pm: I asked for a refund or tracking number.
His reply was: "its no longer going to you what do you care?"
Well, Mr. Seller, I paid the money. I can demand it as long as you don't refund my money. PERIOD.

8/27/2013: Seller claims "refund" should be in your account shortly.
However, PayPal is the one who ended the claim in my favor, not the seller "refunding" my money. It's called a reversed transaction :
View attachment 19447
View attachment 19448

There were many more texts involved in this conversation.
I kept asking for the tracking, and he never posted it, for 5 days. Instead, he kept giving more excuses. I don't play games. If I pay $20 or $1200 to someone, and you promise a tracking number, but never provide proof, I will file a claim. Simple as that, especially since I asked MANY times as to why you couldn't provide it, and received no answer.

I have provided, what I believe to be, absolutely all the information I can, to all required individuals pertaining to this incident. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Kind of wish you would of been a man and flown to my state like you promised that woulda been fun

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Kind of wish you would of been a man and flown to my state like you promised that woulda been fun

And with that, now we're done here. I believe Iggibar's transaction was refunded, and it's clear that no product was ever shipped. I'll be dipped if I'm going to allow a member to take potshots at another, and with all the facts on the table, I don't believe there's any reason for this thread to remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.