• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Broke sale: Items for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Selling a few items

(2) AT&T white iphone 5 for sale 32gb perfect condition, went from box to iLife case - 375.00 plus 15.00 for shipping BOTH SOLD

White ipod Touch white 64gb purchased jan 2013 - 300.00 15.00 for shipping

Beats by Dre Silver Studio pros (perfect) - 200.00 plus 15.00 shipping - SOLD

I need to sell these 3 items quickly so first one that wants it text or email me and i will shipi it out as early as tomm

My personal phone ive had it for 2 months, if interested email me [email protected] or text me 786-693-0176

Paypal Accepted

photo (5).JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Both iPhone 5s sold to me.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sold iphones

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 11.27.29 AM.png

front.jpg

back.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Enough with your convenient excuses. You got one hour from the time of this post to show proof of shipping and tracking. If you were as serious as you were with demanding the sale, this wouldn't be an issue AT ALL. 1 hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Man of my word. Dispute filed for both iPhone 5s, and iMac.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually in need, but I think we've all seen the truth here.

What excuse do you have this time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
"iPad Mini 32gb/Verizon for sale" in that posting the seller vowed never sell to member in this forum, yet it was posted and someone got to dispute again, history is repeating.
Admin should do something about this seller. People cannot be fooled again. Time to act.
Check with Good/Seller list, see how the buyers have been forewarned.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As clearly stated in the title of the forum, "You're on your own here". Buyers and sellers are to settle things between themselves. Anyone is welcome to post to the good and bad seller's list. However, unless there is blatant deception or illegal actions going on, we stay out of any disputes.

The old adage applies here: "Buyer Beware". (same goes for sellers)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I knew that imac was to good to be true. glad I didnt jump on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Still nothing from the seller. Never provided tracking. Claims he shipped it, and then called UPS to intercept the package when I filed the dispute, yet he still is unable to show ANY proof of shipping, or provide the refund. PayPal has already escalated the dispute for me.

You're a scam artist who uses your family to profit. You're just sad.

If there really was no issue, you would have never gone around providing one excuse after another for showing a tracking number that shouldn't even take more than 10 seconds to provide if you really did ship it.

Worse of all, you have the nerve to call me out as being the one scamming.

I already filed a police report in your city, and provided them, along with PayPal, with all the texts and emails you sent me, including this text which made them escalate the claim:
Text message from macjuicy23:
Listen if i wanted to really get you i could of shipped you anything that weighs same you would of signed for it then boom"

If you're "stuff" is, as you claim, being shipped back to you, why exactly is it that you can't refund my money? Why, exactly, is it that you can't provide a tracking number?
I know why. Because you lie, and are a scam artist, who unfortunately is on this forum.

I will be paying you a visit if you don't refund my money...every penny of the $1,180 that I paid you.

Tread carefully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
it takes seconds to refund a paypal transaction if he wanted too. ive had buyers pay me and change their mind. took me less then 2 minutes to log into paypal and click refund. there is no reason it should take this long other then to buy time for the transaction to fully pass to get the money on his end. (it can take up to 3 working days for the cash to be transferred from paypal into your bank account.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@iggibar

We have had enough of this. Please take this to personal mail or somewhere else. Threats against someone will not be tolerated in these forums regardless of what has occurred. You've already elevated this with law enforcement and PayPal. Continue pursuing it along those venues and not here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
"You're a scam artist who uses your family to profit. You're just sad."
Last time the dad, this time the cousin,what is next ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
"iPad Mini 32gb/Verizon for sale" in that posting the seller vowed never sell to member in this forum, yet it was posted and someone got to dispute again, history is repeating.
Admin should do something about this seller. People cannot be fooled again. Time to act.
Check with Good/Seller list, see how the buyers have been forewarned.

As has been mentioned several times here, elsewhere and in the announcements and stickies in this forum...

This forum is strictly "use at your own risk". The staff does not intervene unless there are clear and unambiguous violations of the Community Guidelines. We have taken precautions to try to prevent scammers, but unfortunately, there will always be a certain element who will take advantage of the good will of others.

I have asked the staff to not comment any further, and iggibar, you are welcome to share your experiences, though I will ask you not to make threats as that may be construed as illegal activity.

Thanks for understanding and I'm very sorry that you had a failed transaction. I'm hopeful that member MacJuicy does the right thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
it sucks to get scammed by a member that has been here since 2007. with new members its obvious to tread lightly but veterans you try and at least hope they do the right thing. I feel duped even though I didnt lose any money because I actually believed his story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
It is called 'every minute born a sucker', with due respect to the forum, this is the only bad apple i came across.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been a member since 2007 and I have never done anything shady, i was going through some major family issues and was difficult for me to respond to emails etc, I had the items shipped and had the tracking numbers, buyers didn't give me even 48 hours to process etc then they just disputed on Paypal then told me if they get the items they will close the dispute, so since I also felt like I was going to get screwed i intercepted the packages from UPS was waiting for a conformation which i received this morning, and I just refunded everything back.

I had no intention to take anyones money, Im really sorry that this happend and made our marketplace even harder to sell in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no worries im retired from this marketplace.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have been a member since 2007 and I have never done anything shady, i was going through some major family issues and was difficult for me to respond to emails etc, I had the items shipped and had the tracking numbers, buyers didn't give me even 48 hours to process etc then they just disputed on Paypal then told me if they get the items they will close the dispute, so since I also felt like I was going to get screwed i intercepted the packages from UPS was waiting for a conformation which i received this morning, and I just refunded everything back.

I had no intention to take anyones money, Im really sorry that this happend and made our marketplace even harder to sell in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, no worries im retired from this marketplace.

You are absolutely correct in that you won't be conducting any further transactions in this forum - I have seen to that. And while we're on the subject - this is not a marketplace - eBay and Craigslist are marketplaces. This is a community discussion forum - thought I'd clarify that for you as you seem to misunderstand what this place is for.

This is not the first time you've been accused of impropriety from a well-established forum member - and while staff don't intervene in transactions, you can bet that I will take steps to ensure you're not able to scam any other member here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
For anyone interested in reading about this situation:

Here's how it went.

8/22/13:
Seller seemed like he needed help, and had been on here a good amount of time. I saw the previous history, but gave him a chance.
Negotiated deal to which you stated I would have tracking number, plus pics of the item shipped, that night after helping his aunt(whole thing that caused this situation). He stated UPS closes at 8pm, and that he would have plenty of time.

8/22/13 10:22pm:
I asked if he had gotten the tracking number. He claimed that his brother had all the tracking numbers and info. Now he says he will email me everything before noon the following day.
I asked "you can't get that info now from him?" He replied, "he works nights as soon as hes off he will forward me info and i will send it," and, "he will prob send it on his break at like 2am i promise u will have info before noon." "No worries."
I said, "I'll be waiting for it."

8/23/13 7am: Woke up to no info via text or email. Told him I am not waiting longer than 12am. Takes 10 seconds to send a text with a tracking number.
His reply was, "or what your gonna dispute paypal i knew it." He reiterated that I will get it by noon, and says, "It's 9:40(am) text you at noon thanks."
After agreeing, he replied with this:
and when i do give you tracking and u receive your goods and u reneg on paypal i will fly to your state and get my stuff back lets make that clear."

8/23/13 11:43am: Seller sends me an email with no info, while claiming the pics and tracking were attached.
I responded, and he said he cant talk because he's at work.
I told him he has one hour to post everything.

8/23/13 1:52 pm: Then he claimed he didn't trust me because I was so claim happy. I'll remind him that next time when he pays $1,184 dollars for something, and it goes south.
He said he was going to intercept the delivery.
I said that was fine.

8/23/13 8:35 pm: I got so busy that day that I had no time to file a dispute until after 8:35, to which he STILL hadn't posted ANYTHING. Yet, he still claims he's the one that doesn't trust me.

He says he has already stopped the shipping, and that he will refund money for dispute.
I asked again about tracking, but he insisted it doesn't matter that I have it. I said, if you intercepted the delivery, refund my money.

I called him shady for his ways of dodging everything, but he turns around and calls me the shady one for making the claim, and calling be a scammer. He still claims it was shipped, but when asked for tracking, he won't post it.

8/25/2013 3:36pm:
Seller claims he was going to stop the UPS interception and actually try to get the delivery going again, but stopped because I had "bashed" him on this forum. Just what exactly did you think I was going to do with a shady traction as yours? Sit and wait for the weekend to end, so all the bank transactions would go through on your end? I don't think so.

I asked for the tracking number again.
He says, "why lol im no longer sending it so tracking now tracks back to my home."
I replied, if it's going back to you, refund my money.
That's when he replied with this:
listen if i wanted to really get you i could of shipped you anything that weighs same you would of signed for it then boom."
To which I replied, I'm sure you would think of something like that.
I asked for a refund again.
He says to call paypal because they have my money.
He said they(PayPal) will release it in 30 days, and "unfortunately when you open a dispute that what it is sorry."
These were pretty important statements. PayPal freezes the transaction, and act as the middle man in disputes. The seller has full control of refunds. PayPal ONLY releases funds after 30 days in the event of a seller running with the money after a buyer has not initiated a claim in time, which allows the money to be deposited in any source.
These statements, plus how he claimed he could scam me, were what allowed PayPal to escalate the claims quickly, otherwise it would take 10 days after the initial dispute to escalate the dispute to a claim. It's important to note, that when I was on the phone with PayPal for the claims, they called those comments from the seller as, "scammer comments."

When PayPal escalated these claims, the had to switch the claims and titles manually, which ended the previous disputes with no refund, but initiated the escalated claims afterwards.
The seller was SUPER quick to respond, either like a fool, or simply thought I didn't know what was going on. He says, "There you go, paypal resolved in your favor."
PayPal hadn't been resolved in my favor! Everything was canceled to proceed to the next level of claims.

8/26/2013 3:47: Says he is still waiting on confirmation from UPS about the package.
My thinking was, if the seller refused to give me tracking before due to tracking showing his house as the final destination earlier, what confirmation could he be waiting for that would stop him from providing me with proof of shipping or a tracking number?

8/26/13 4:03pm: I asked for a refund or tracking number.
His reply was: "its no longer going to you what do you care?"
Well, Mr. Seller, I paid the money. I can demand it as long as you don't refund my money. PERIOD.

8/27/2013: Seller claims "refund" should be in your account shortly.
However, PayPal is the one who ended the claim in my favor, not the seller "refunding" my money. It's called a reversed transaction :
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.01.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.03.26 AM.png

There were many more texts involved in this conversation.
I kept asking for the tracking, and he never posted it, for 5 days. Instead, he kept giving more excuses. I don't play games. If I pay $20 or $1200 to someone, and you promise a tracking number, but never provide proof, I will file a claim. Simple as that, especially since I asked MANY times as to why you couldn't provide it, and received no answer.

I have provided, what I believe to be, absolutely all the information I can, to all required individuals pertaining to this incident. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
As someone has been scammed before, I went through the same trick before, it is beyond human dignity to deal with this person. This is electronic age and we are living in the world's most advanced nation, why it is hard to send tracking number to the buyer ? Well, Paypal has seen all the tricks in the book, at the end of the day, the buyer gets the refund in full and seller has been taught a lesson and should not be trusted in this forum.
Let this be the last, life is lot more than this. Life is tough for everyone, let us not make it tougher with excuses, that are beyond human imagination.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are absolutely correct in that you won't be conducting any further transactions in this forum - I have seen to that. And while we're on the subject - this is not a marketplace - eBay and Craigslist are marketplaces. This is a community discussion forum - thought I'd clarify that for you as you seem to misunderstand what this place is for.

This is not the first time you've been accused of impropriety from a well-established forum member - and while staff don't intervene in transactions, you can bet that I will take steps to ensure you're not able to scam any other member here.

Nice that you atleast have some authority in life with this forum.... atleast here you dont get sand kicked in your face or your lunch money taken from you grats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.