Are Mac's rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MacHeadCase

I am hearing/reading comments like the one below more and more - is there any truth in them?

First, you have been told to buy a PC, not a Mac, even for Video Editing. Nobody, I repeat, nobody serious in the industry is using Mac anymore, PC do a better job, that's why. Macs are for pretty "marketing ladies" who want to impress their clients when doing a presentation. A few "pros" can manage iMovie but at what cost ? they are the exceptions, not the rule.

Second, you assumed that adding more RAM or disk space will fix things, while in reality Macs can't handle large files, the only way to do it is through fiberoptic network disk because the disk controller on Macs can't hack it. The batch excuse is not an excuse for an inferior machine.

Try not to be biased now.:Oops:

I am simply asking a question - as I feared, a few of you have taken this as an attack and jumped in to defend.

Generally I like my MBP very much, and it's true I should be beyong i-movie by now but that is irrelevant.

It is the alluding comment about the media industry switching to PC's that prompted me to start this thread, but don't take it as an attack on your beloved machines. I have noticed that Mac lovers hate PC's why?

Are these the same people who hate cats for the insanely childish reason that they are lovers of dogs?

I love my Mac but have been dissapointed of late.

As far as I can see, in the beginning of the thread anyway, no one was biased in their replies. They just asked you to name your source as it was full of erroneous claims.

I didn't read till the end of this thread to see if you really replied to the question or not (it quickly bored me to be honest), but using that quote filled with false facts to prove your disappointment with your MBP is, well, not entirely honest, IMO.

I remember you posting a couple of weeks ago about your MBP being broken, and, because you hadn't taken Apple Care, it was somehow Apple's fault... As was stated in that thread and here, pros don't use iMovie, that's a consumer app not a professional tool.

Go right out and say the problems you have with your MBP and members here will try to help you if they can. Don't use stuff that could easily turn into a flame war just to back up your Mac problems, is all I'm saying.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This entire thread, and the OP, seems like one big Troll. Why do any of us care what this guy thinks?

Agreed.

To answer the original question: Yes, Macs are complete and utter garbage. Those of us that use and enjoy them are clinically insane and you should probably not associate with us, as we're nutty and likely to shave your head while you sleep.

Run along now...

Reaction score
I am hearing/reading comments like the one below more and more - is there any truth in them?

Try not to be biased now.:Oops:

You come onto a Mac forum, and ask such a question?. Maybe you want a negative reaction, to fuel your flames...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Locking as pointless. There are already enough threads on this topic. This is a Mac forum, asking a question such as this and then complaining about the replies is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.