Are Mac's rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I love cats and I don't mind dogs providing they are clean.

People who 'hate' cats do so because, like any human you would have an ounce of respect for, you have to earn their love and affection.

A dog will love anyone, you can kick a dog and it will come back to you whereas a cat would say forget you - i'll find somebody who treats me right.

If we had no individuality and all shared the same opinion then the world would be a very boring place... It would also be a very nice peaceful place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I hate cats. Not kidding.

I love my kitties. One of them is sitting next to me giving you a dirty look ;P

had 3 virus programs running and 2 spyware protection programs and still got infected... 3 TIMES!! It was quite a horrible experience.

Umm, seems to me that was more of a user error than a Windows error. Running three AV programs doesn't make you more immune, it just makes all three not work. In your attempt to secure your computer, you ended up making it more vulnerable.

Reaction score
I've got a BA in Graphic Design. I went through 4 years of college and never used a PC for anything. There were no PC labs in the art dept. From my experience in the work world, Macs are the industry standard. I am expected to know how to use OSX. I have some friends who work in the music and movie industry. They use Mac Pros exclusively. Whoever make up that quote is sadly misinformed.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
The guy who slagged off Macs who I quoted is a Belgian man who calls himself Butterfly, eats Lebanese food and has a penchant for anorexic prostitutes.

But he's alright. :)

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Here is his comeback:

Mac users are the lamest of all, I used to troll them a lot, quite funny.

They are like the religious fanatics, always defensive, and when confronted with facts and truth always attacking first as it's their best defense

I stand by my words, Macs are inferior machines, can't hack it with big files, and the OS X is just a pretty toy OS for spoiled students and pretty girls with too much freetime on their hand.

Go visit any big TV prodution studio, they all switched to PC about 10 years ago, maybe a few are resisting but not for long.

Macs are lame for anything productive, and that's the problem. They look great though, even though they are a bit gay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
He's in the closet.........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
Thats funny, considering EVERY post-production house in the Denver area are Mac based. Final Cut is great and I don't know anyone in my film school that would edit on anything but a Mac. Every editing bay uses Mac's. Every computer lab (except for the IDT Lab's) are Mac Pro's.

I got some flak from the IDT kids who are all Windows-Based in my school as to why I use a Mac and why I think they are better. It's all in what you do. They work with alot of programs that are Windows based. A Mac wouldn't be that great for them.

But it's still a choice. If he wants to use Windows, go for it. But the claims he made about the "big TV production studio's" are false. Saying they can't handle big files, that's false. And that OS X "is just a pretty toy OS for spoiled students and pretty girls with too much freetime on their hands" well, I think there are plenty on here who aren't "spoiled students" or "pretty girls" that can deny that claim.

I invite this person to join this conversation and provide proof to his claims. To which, I will provide proof of Mac's domination of the local post-production market. The only time I've seen a Windows machine used in a production environment as of late was to run Teleprompter software (which isn't very CPU intensive).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I hate animals. Not kidding.
:D

Reaction score
The guy who slagged off Macs who I quoted is a Belgian man who calls himself Butterfly, eats Lebanese food and has a penchant for anorexic prostitutes.

But he's alright. :)

So anyone whos "serious" in "the industry" uses a PC in Belgium?

Do they even make movies in Belgium? Seriously, what goes on there?
I forgot all about Belgium, whats going on there?????

The only thing i know about them is Belgium waffles, which are VERY good.
I guess i'm not very educated in my geography......
but hey the waffles are pretty dang great,
am i right???

Even if all the people who are "serious in the industry" are making professional infomercials on their pentium 2's,

at least the waffles are pretty awesome,

CAN I GETTA HECKS YEAH?!!?!?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

013aab29fde61bdc_m.jpg

88b0f099439e5ee9_m.jpg

I don't care if anyone is in belgium or not,
THAT LOOKS PRETTY GREAT!!!!! BELGIUM WAFFLES AND ICED TEA.

YES YES.

Drools.........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
I read somewhere that MACs are the Lexus of personal computers.... I completely agree... Lexus owners are bound to be few and distinguished... There will always be a set of people who will say - 'why do i need lexus when even a small car drive me anywhere'...... garbage comments

Reaction score
I'm a fairly nice looking girl, ahem, woman and I do not dislike cats, but am not that fond of them as they make me sneeze and are shifty, and I am ok with both macs and pcs. *** do cats have to do with all this nonsense is beyond me?!? Or girls and macs and PCs?? Sheesh! How homophobic!

This gets the award for the most boring and inane thread on any board of the day! Me thinks too much turkey and sweets were consumed....or something.

I'm better off talking to my English Bulldog although she is seriously snoring now (smart girl)! The bestest dogs on the planet. Not that this conversation has anything to do with dogs either. Just saying....the board must be desperate for something inane to discuss. And also, what does this have to do with "switchers?"

So much for coming on here and hoping for something interesting. Off to bed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
not to break testicles or anything but, what does a fear of gay people have to do with girls?

the quote was that only spoiled students and pretty girls use Mac's. which is a chauvinistic way of saying that students and girls are useless and do things on mac's that are inconsequential to "industry" professionals because, in his opinion, mac's are just toythings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Why?
Signed,
Curious

A well-fed, domesticated housecat will kill anything weaker than it, just because it can. Instinct, of course, but why would you bring such a creature into your home if given a choice?

Reaction score
A well-fed, domesticated housecat will kill anything weaker than it, just because it can. Instinct, of course, but why would you bring such a creature into your home if given a choice?

OH NO, (GASP)
THAT MEANS MY CAT IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH THE HORROR,

OHHHH
THEEEEEE
HORRRRRRROOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE AND CUDDELY,
THAT LITTLE THING WITH ITS COLLAR WITH A LITTLE BELL ON IT,
AND ITS MEOWING,
AND ITS PURRING AND CUDDLING AND ITS CATBOX,
BUT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN,
THAT INSIDE,

EEEEEEEVVVVIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!

LOL.
Okay,
that was seriously weird. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Here is his comeback:
Seriously. Why waste your time and ours on a subject that clearly the person you are quoting is out of touch with.

Simply put, he is not worth listening to on the subject of OS X and Apple. Given his ignorance of the subject and his statements, based on your quoting, I would have serious doubts on any other subject he might talk about. I simply avoid those type of know-it-alls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This entire thread, and the OP, seems like one big Troll. Why do any of us care what this guy thinks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

That's actually why I like my cats. I enjoy it when they bring me "presents" :D

Actually, only one of them is a natural born hunter. The other's a lazy fatso. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
You can't walk into an editing room and not see a G5 or Mac Pro, that quote is a load of junk.

agreed, any production houses ive worked in have all used macs. Final cut pro is the way forward.

The only thing the PC has over the mac in terms of media production is 3DS MAX which only works on the PC, although the mac has MAYA, 3DS (in the UK anyways) its the more popular industry standard software for animation and 3d work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, 500Gb Iomega ext. HDD for Time Machne
The easy way to end a boring and inane thread like this:

Reveal your sources. Seriously. If you say that "any TV production house moved to PC 10 years ago" name them, and name their software. We'll do the same and reveal OUR sources about who uses macs, and we can compare notes.

Instead of making inane, flame-baiting comments, at least try and give some empirical evidence to support your claims? I'd be particularly interested in you supporting your claim about the large files issue, considering I have a 90Gb SQL database sat at home on my iMac? Obviously you now have me very worried.
</sarcasm>

I don't hate PC's. I work in IT, support Windows and Linux servers all day spread all around some of the UK's largest Hospitals. I know both of these OS's intimately, yet I choose a mac for home. Explain why I'd do that if I thought that OS X wasn't upto my high demands?

Thanks,
The new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.