• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Store Updated - New MacBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No in the previous you got to choose if you wanted Glossy or the Normal Matte Screen
Not with the Macbook....in the pro you could (and still can) choose glossy or matted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I swear to the man upstairs that you could choose but I guess not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 2.16ghz Intel 2 Core Duo, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, 15.4" TFT, DVD+-RW/DL.
Not that I recall...I prefer glossy anyway, so no complaints!
(I had the glossy in the MB and now i have a matte MBP, ick)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
You could in the Pro, but don't remember being able to choose for my standard MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
I got mine 25 days ago from an Apple Store. Is their exchange policy 14 days? I suppose if I did exchange, I'd have to eat the 15% restocking fee, which would probably amount to more than the value of the upgrades. :(

This is the one and only B***H I have against apple is the short return policy!
Most retailers give You 30 days, Costco currently offers 90 days plus a full cash refund. I think apple would sell more products if they took away some of the risk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
The thing that irritates me most is the 2.odd CM they've shaved off it. Don't get me wrong, I still love my macbook, but I can't imagine how much more sexeh it looks being that bit thinner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The thing that irritates me most is the 2.odd CM they've shaved off it. Don't get me wrong, I still love my macbook, but I can't imagine how much more sexeh it looks being that bit thinner.

Is the "new" macbook thinner than the previous???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Okay, I've just been on the apple site and I see no mention of it. It's annoying me now, where did I see that written? Grrr, sorry folks, talking rubbish...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Intel Duo 2
For those of you who just bought a macbook right before the upgrade, apple is very gracious about offering you a credit for your bad luck.

I bought mine in April and they did their best to take care of me.

Have a good weekend all.

Reaction score
Now there is even less to seperate the MB from the MB Pro. The Pro must be due for a fairly significant upgrade soon. Who would buy a MB Pro now? It just wouldn't make sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac w/xtra ram .. MBP 2.53, Brick ... PowerBook 190
Now there is even less to seperate the MB from the MB Pro. The Pro must be due for a fairly significant upgrade soon. Who would buy a MB Pro now? It just wouldn't make sense.

The MacBook is still pretty useless for any kind of pro video editing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
also if you want the large screen your going to go for the macbook.

and the graphics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube

Except for us Mini users.

a year and a half and counting since last update. :cool:

Honestly, I would be surprised if they didn't update the Mini at WWDC

I know right? At the very least we should get a C2D upgrade so we can max out with 3gb ram. Hopefully we will see the Santa Rosa platform so we can get faster chips and a higher ram cap. Although honestly, I will probably get another Mini when they release them on the Penryn platform. Quad-core mobile chip + 4gb ram + Parallels and I could kiss my PCs goodbye :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube

Yeah I'm interested to see what happens with the MacBook Pro. My bets are on LED backlighting and an upgrade to the Santa Rosa platform - 2.4ghz with a 4gb ram cap. They can't really go anywhere else since they've maxed out on the current chipset - 2.33ghz Merom & 3gb ram is the max they can do! I think the ram issue is one of the major roadblocks for me doing a complete switch. Parallels is good enough now that all of my needs are met as far as performance goes, but nothing save the Mac Pro can take more than 3 gigs of ram at the moment. My ideal setup would be 2 gigs for OS X and 2 gigs for my XP Pro virtual machine running under Parallels. Quad core would also be nice, but I'm guessing that's at least a year away for mobiles right now and I don't really want to drop a house payment into a Mac Pro which isn't portable anyway. One of the upcoming Parallels features is support for multiple cores within a virtual machine, so running XP Pro with 2 cores and 2 gigs and the same for OS X would be really great.

There have been numerous rumors of the MacBook going to a 15" size as well. While that would make things weird with the existing MacBook Pro, I'm guessing a lot of people would prefer the larger size and lower price of a 15" MacBook. Then the major differences are only the graphics card and a few little extras like keyboard lighting and an ExpressCard slot. Maybe the next MacBook Pro upgrade will contain an eSATA slot...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.