• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Store Updated - New MacBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It IS Tuesday.... ;)
If it's an updated MacBook... I'll be ordering today! :D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
ya im thinking macbook update for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
It's a MacBook update. Faster 2.16ghz C2D processor, up to 200gb hard drive, and 802.11n.

Reaction score
Anybody know how long it usually takes for a refurbished version of an update to come out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It looks to be just a minor (VERY minor IMO) speed bump.

In fact wasn't the Black MacBook already able to have 200GB, and the 2.16GHz processor?????

Reaction score
i think its a good update, it looks like the middle model is now the low end one. i think thats pretty good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
gutted, i bought my macbook about a month ago!! wish id waited now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
To those of you who just purchased a MacBook, RELAX and don't worry about it. The processor difference is only 160mhz - MEGAHURTZ! Hardly noticeable. The 200gb hard drive option is only 4200rpm as well, probably slower than the drive you already have in your notebook, and I'm guessing most of you don't have an 802.11n router yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
To those of you who just purchased a MacBook, RELAX and don't worry about it. The processor difference is only 160mhz - MEGAHURTZ! Hardly noticeable. The 200gb hard drive option is only 4200rpm as well, probably slower than the drive you already have in your notebook, and I'm guessing most of you don't have an 802.11n router yet.

yeh but my top of the white ones macbook is now basically the bottom of the range one, so i could of got it at a lower price today, rather than it being higher priced. apart from the superdrive! (which i have never used!)
plus its just the knowledge that its no longer the newest model thats annoying.

Reaction score

your right thanks for calming me down. i was about to sell it on criagslist or ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
So this is only about the Macbooks, not the MBPs then? I'm still not used to the naming convention Apple uses. I mean, it's completely straightforward. But whenever someone says something about a Macbook I assume they mean all Macbooks, not just THE Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
So this is only about the Macbooks, not the MBPs then? I'm still not used to the naming convention Apple uses. I mean, it's completely straightforward. But whenever someone says something about a Macbook I assume they mean all Macbooks, not just THE Macbook.

Nah, the lines are vastly different. The MacBook is considered the consumer line while the MacBook Pro is considered the professional line because of the additional features like larger screen, aluminum casing, backlit keyboard, faster processor, additional amount of ram, better graphics card, ExpressCard slot, and so on. They are definitely considered two separate lines of laptops.

Although there is a rumor floating around that there will be a 15" MacBook released, which would make sense because I'm sure there are plenty of people who would prefer the larger 15" screen over the 13" but don't want to pay $2,000 or more for that privilege.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
yeh but my top of the white ones macbook is now basically the bottom of the range one, so i could of got it at a lower price today, rather than it being higher priced. apart from the superdrive! (which i have never used!)
plus its just the knowledge that its no longer the newest model thats annoying.

Rule #1 when buying hardware you want to love and cherish for a long time: never look back. As soon as you buy something, a month later something newer, faster, sleeker, and better comes along. You'll just end up making yourself depressed if you keep track of the updates!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.