• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple going black?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Apple released the black iPods and shuffles recently, then they made the BlackBooks. Now there are rumors of a black iMac. Could Apple eventually change their main color from white to black?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
God I hope not! I love my white iMac and iPod, I think they should continue allowing people to have a choice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
i heard this rumour, i heard they revealing it at the wwdc,
they better not change, i love the white, as above they should let us have a choice,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I think they are just throwing the black in there to spice up their product lineup don't forget when the Black MacBook came out and it had a $150 difference from the White people still went for it just for the color.

I think Black will be like their Special Edition deal thats all. But I highly doubt that they are going to take White Color away, its their original color after all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Not only is white Apple's traditional color, it is part of what makes their designs unique. There are plenty of black PCs (though they don't look like iMacs!) but very few (any?) white ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
The old Powerbooks were black. But i think white will stay. There are other black electronics on the market, but barely any pure white ones, other than wii i guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
I suspect Apple will keep the choice of black as a top end product - something that just screams really cool machine. Note that the Blackbook is the top of line in MacBooks. Apple will probably keep white as a standard choice though. But that is just a guess - and I'm new to Macs, so I could be horribly off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple could change white to "Snow" and charge a premium for it.
Apple already has a full line of premium colors:

iPaint.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Apple released the black iPods and shuffles recently, then they made the BlackBooks. Now there are rumors of a black iMac. Could Apple eventually change their main color from white to black?

there is a black shuffle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
It would be a great option, but I don't think switching the entire lineup to black ONLY is wise.

Reaction score
If they released a black aluminum mac book pro, mac pro and cinema display, I'd buy them all in a heartbeat. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple released more black Macs, but I guarantee you white isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Wouldn't mind one.

I cant decide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Expanding the black line of Macs is one thing, but Apple needs to make black items to support what they already have. For example my power adapter/cord and remote is still white. Apple should have provided matching black items. Also I use Apple's bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse. They ONLY come in white. This sucks. Apple dropped the ball on this from a marketing point of view. When I have a black MacBook, I want all black support items.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
theres a rumor that...

chuck norris roundhouse kicked the black out of Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Weren't the first macs an ugly off white color? I think I remember them from way back when when we had computer day at school.

Anyways, white, black...it doesn't matter when you own silver ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.