• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple going black?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I read somewhere that a guy just masked off certain parts and painted his white mighty mouse and power adapter with krylon spray paint.... not sure if it would fde or crack tho.

Reaction score
The white color is their greatest marketing vehicle. Nobody else makes white computers so when you see a white laptop, or a white set of headphones, you know what you're looking at. It's brilliant and they would never throw that away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
They need new ideas as the "white" designs etc are starting to get stale.

If the next gen product looks the same as the previous then there's little incentive to upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
They need new ideas as the "white" designs etc are starting to get stale.

If the next gen product looks the same as the previous then there's little incentive to upgrade.

I say Zebra Stripes to be different!!! O:)

Reaction score
So, you're saying that you upgrade your computers based on how they look? I know what you're saying but that's how it read to me and ... man, that's just odd.

Reaction score
The white color is their greatest marketing vehicle. Nobody else makes white computers so when you see a white laptop, or a white set of headphones, you know what you're looking at. It's brilliant and they would never throw that away.

I agree. Even though I own a black video ipod I wouldn't want a black iMac, MacPro, MBP etc. The white design is a signature that makes Apple stand out from the PC world where there is a plethora of generic black products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
4038794073cdca51279otz2.jpg

look at that, it really does work well in black.

i hope they atleast give the option, anything to get more sales for apple, and that surely will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
what else is set to change come WWDC?

a whole new imac range? likley? not likely?
what do you reckon, I am waiting for WWDC to buy my 24", and im hoping my wait isnt in vain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only rumor I've heard about the iMac line is that we can expect a slimmer model. Again, this is just a rumor, but it's the only one I've heard when it comes to the iMac.

Reaction score
4038794073cdca51279otz2.jpg

look at that, it really does work well in black.

i hope they atleast give the option, anything to get more sales for apple, and that surely will.

Hmmm...maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

On the other hand, when Ipods first came out, the first thing anyone did where I live (Rio) was replace the headphones, as they just said 'Hey, I've got an Ipod, mug me!'.

Anyway, white isn't really Apples signature colour. The G3s were all sorts of colours, they were identified by their colour. Half the range has been silver for a long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD

Actually, Sony makes a white laptop now too. MacBook still looks cooler though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
The Whites their brand image, their identity, i don't think they'd be rash enough to move from that tbh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Hmmm...seems there are a lot of people here that don't remember the old imacs that were 50 different colors...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
Gotta love em, still got a Tangerine Orange iMac and a Teal Blue iBook, loved eM!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Intel Duo 2
From what I recall, the Imacs were white in the front and the different colors were on the back. So, the white has always been around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hmmm...seems there are a lot of people here that don't remember the old imacs that were 50 different colors...

People also seem to forget that Apple's Pro lines are aluminum rather than white. So you have a white Macbook and iMac, but you have an aluminum Macbook Pro and Mac Pro. There is a white iPod and now the Nanos are aluminum. Seems like an even balance to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
in the article it mentioned bigger displays?
who would need a display bigger than 24" on a non-pro machine!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I'm not gonna lie, I based part of my first Mac purchase on looks. But not so much the exterior, but mostly on how OS X looked. I liked the setup of everything so much more.

Black aluminum Macbook Pro? That's a different story. I'll pay a premium for that anyday. Haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.