And here it is!

A

Animatronica

[The design is nice but I was disap. with two things - no firewire 800 and noo 10/100/1000 ethernet. Other then that its great. I've already placed my order with apple - estimated 3 - 4 week delivery though :-(

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I dunno. I want one, but... I don't want it to be like my PowerBook.

And I can't afford one.

A

Animatronica

It was actually cheaper then I thought it would be. The 20inch is only 1900.00 but I'd of thought they'd include F800, GE and atleast 512mb mem. on the 20inch though. Anyway, hopefully I can get it in a reasonable amount of time...I dont want to wait months!. I sold a few things to come up with the money or else like you I wouldnt be able to afrod it either..but then again..thats where credit cards and glorious debt come in :-D

M

Matt

I think I like the other model better, or maybe I just have to get use to it.

Yeah, my iMac G3 comes with firewire!!!!!!!!!!!

O

octohunter

Yes, bummer about the firewire and ram but they had to keep something for the expensive (now a poor value) powermac.

I like the design because it makes the coming G5 powerbook seem pretty apparent. Just take away the display stand and you're almost there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hmm...I don't know...
Maybe I'll have to see it in real to like it. The everything-in-display design is cool though, especially with the slim slot drive.
But the G5 is running on a slower systembus than the PowerMac (600MHz for the 1.8GHz, opposed to 900MHz in PowerMac).

O

octohunter

That's still pretty good considering this is only the "i" series and at a fair price. It's been a long time since I bought something from Apple and felt the price was fair.

S

Slammin_SoSo

hey guys
i was waiting for the new imac line to come out. Its either this computer or the emac which I am still unsure about..Anyhow will the new imac G5 work with road runner, cable modem?
octohunter said:
That's still pretty good considering this is only the "i" series and at a fair price. It's been a long time since I bought something from Apple and felt the price was fair.

A

Animatronica

well if you need the space and extra power then go for the Imac. If you dont need much space and dont have the need for much power then the Emac would be much bettero fa buy.you'd also get it faster. You'll probably have a least a mnths wait until you get the newer imac. I just ordered mine today and it wont sthip for 3 - 4wks according to apple.

S

Slammin_SoSo

well that too. The prices. I need to start saving for the computer is its either the G5 Imac I chose or the eMac.. My basic question is if my cable modem (Road Runner) works with it.
Animatronica said:
well if you need the space and extra power then go for the Imac. If you dont need much space and dont have the need for much power then the Emac would be much bettero fa buy.you'd also get it faster. You'll probably have a least a mnths wait until you get the newer imac. I just ordered mine today and it wont sthip for 3 - 4wks according to apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah it'll work with any computer that has an ethernet port.. all of them that I know of :)

Reaction score
That thing is ugly. :eek: I'd probably buy an old iMac form somewhere else. THe bottom of the screen is huge and looks like CRAP!

N

Nightblade

Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen Apple speak ill of their own product(s). They make numerous references to things they've improved on from the previous iMac (like getting rid of unnecessary space), and in the Graphics section the comparisons they make aren't to PCs, but rather the previous iMac model! This is definitely a new thing for Apple, as they usually never speak ill of any of their own products.

Also, it does look quite nice, although I thought I would be a little more amused for some reason. It shouldn't be long before they make a bigger screen for this iMac, as well as a faster processor. And...the Powerbook? I remember when the 2.5 GHz G5 PowerMac came out, the Apple guys said that a Powerbook wasn't to be expected until the end of the year. So, hopefully it'll get released before Tiger.

A

Animatronica

..I hope my Imac Order isnt a preview of things to come..I went to check my order status on the Apple Web site...and the configuration is completely wrong..they have me as if I ordered it with an airport, BT, 250gb hd and a gig of ram..when that is hardly what I ordered...I simply added BT and 256mb of RAM ontop of the stock config 20inch..The order confirmation thingie that I got from apple was right though...I emailed the support center about the issue. I'm hoping its just a site error which is what I think it happens to be.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Oh you all suck. The iMac is fantastic!

You people never agree with me! Ever!

V

vuschejan

If it helps you at all I really like it, Best Imac Ive seen so far. What other computer is that small with a g5? 2 inches thick, my gosh.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally... someone sees the light.

This is revolutionairy! G5 based! 2 inches thick! Runs Doom 3! Get with it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
According to the video stream, it has 3 regulated fans. Supposedly, it's quieter than the previous iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.