• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

About half as many illegal aliens as Mac users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
As long as one doesn't make the profanity/racism/sexism/whateverism pipe asplode, what is there to fear?

P.S. I'm more afraid of netty4mac's wrath, I've been noting her in the "People viewing this thread" list for some time now. :raises shields, polarizes hull, ect:

:D lol I rather keep my mouth closed and stay out of it. :D

Reaction score
I think he's saying that for every for every two Mac users you spot in the street that you see one illegal immigrant.

So, I guess I've seen... three illegal people then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
no, people are allowed to have their opinions. and i for one would looove to get into a good debate with you over it. but i'm erroring on the side of caution with the debate on these forums.

Yeah, unfortunately, there seems to be a handful of people that can't seem to debate in a mature way. You could always see what happens and hope for the best. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
As long as one doesn't make the profanity/racism/sexism/whateverism pipe asplode, what is there to fear?

Sometimes statistics are confused with racism/sexism/whateverism, with that said, i believe the worst enemy of illegal immigrants (or any social group for that matter) are illegal immigrants (or any representative of the same social group). Anyway, with the recent issues we have had in this forum, do we really need to talk about a complicated matter? In this case i prefer to keep joking about the original post (with no offense intended to you Thorin) and some other weird relations propossed. As someone told me once, the best way to solve problems is to avoid them.

Reaction score
As someone told me once, the best way to solve problems is to avoid them.

I can't say that I agree that avoiding problems is the best way to solve them. Think back through history of some of the greatest conflicts -- the U.S. Revolution, the rise of Germany in the 1930's, the genocides that are still taking place in areas around the world. Sometimes conflict is inevitable.

I will agree, however, that there is a right time and place for debate. Despite the title "Anything Goes", that simply isn't the case around here.

--

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
People will always have the choice here to not read/participate in whatever thread that they come across. Censorship might be ok... but I feel that it is more dangerous to censor everything to avoid hurt feelings than it is to not.

MF is, however, not a "public place" but a privately owned forum. If a moderator feels that something is not appropriate, they have the right (and my support, they do run the place after-all) to take whatever action that they feel necessary.

For me: If walking on eggshells, I just put on some boots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
i almost posted a response that may have gotten me an infraction. lets see, it rhymes with abso-rigging-lutely. ;)

you can take the boy out of jersey...

where are you at Kash?

I'm in Central Jersey: Edison

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We try not to censor anything unless it's a direct violation of the forum rules. Of course we've been accused of being too zealous and on the other end we get complaints that we allow too many conversations that don't belong in a Mac forum. We just can't win. :)

Basically unless a topic or post is a direct attack on another member or egregiously ignores the potential impact it could have on another member, we allow it.

Respectful debate is absolutely fine here, however some people tend to get carried away into personal attacks and attempts to hurt other members.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i think this is a very different forum, with a very different view on what does and does not belong. It is not a bad view, just different, and because of that people whine because it is not what they are used to. It took me some adjusting (and several negative feedback, :p) before getting used to what is and isn't allowed to be said. And im alright with that adjustment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.