A switcher's guide to OS X Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
erm, Macbook
I have just swiched to a Macbook, and i can't belive i survived without one!! I am so glad I found this website!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
awesome thread!! im going to be making the switch to a 15.4" mbp c2d 2.33ghz/2gb ram etc...and i cannot wait!!

Reaction score
Great thread guys. I recently switched to a Mac and can say with hand on heart it was the best decision I've ever made!

Keep up the good work.

Reaction score
G'day Frankie Angels & welcome to Mac-Forums. What part of Scotland do you hail from?

Reaction score
Another "cheers" to the forum and the Mac community as a whole online. I'm looking to replace my current laptop later this year and I always do a lot of research into what my next machine is going to be. Boot Camp is one of the final hurdles I've cleared in my mind and I'm going to make the switch when it's time to pick up the replacement. In the interim, I've read up on all things Mac (especially Macbook Pro) and OS X. The more I learn now, the easier the switch will be when I actually buy the MBP. There's a lot of excellent information online regarding making the switch and how to do something in OS X that you used to do in Windows.

It's not easy waiting, but I'm sure the payoff will be well worth it. Looking forward to the switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3/iPod Video
just got an ibook (for free!!) and i'm loving it already
this post cleared up most of my questions...thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still dreamin...
excellent.. i havnt made the switch yet... i am in process of convincing hubby that mac is better than the vista we just got...lol

i am doing all my homework and gathering infor for him... im sure i will get my macbook soon :)

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, NaturesPixel!

Good luck on convincing hubby! In the meantime, stick around, there's plenty of info in this forum and fun to be had as well! :girl:

Reaction score
End .dmg Confusion

This illustrates the installation of applications from disk images. Click the thumbnail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
This website is recommended for any switcher hoping to master OS X skills.

Reaction score
Apologies if this link has been posted before but seems to be an exceptional link for switchers and noobies alike...

link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.2 GHz (Santa Rosa Arch) 1 GB RAM 120 GB HDD MAC OS 10.5 (Leopard)
I bought my new Macbook on Thankgsgiving Weekend and have been playing around with it a lot since. It is just today that I have come across this forum for some MAC/Vista related issue and stumbled upon this amazing sticky !! Kudos to you "schweb" for this amazing links !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (2nd Gen)
this has to be THE best guide I have ever seen for a new mac user!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I would like to make one little addition here. There are a lot of new users who ask questions like what type of ram should I get for a certain Macintosh. Or what specifications does a certain Mac have. And I think this app should be a standard in every "what apps to mac users need" list.

It is called "Mactracker". And is lists every mac that was ever made and very useful information on each one + more useful tidbits of information.

http://mactracker.dreamhosters.com/

A quick search of this app would eliminate a lot of questions new mac users have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.