3G iPhone??

Reaction score
From this site:
"According to the FCC website, it would appear that Apple filed their documents for the iPhone on March 9th, but were able to keep them suppressed until about May 17th — about 43 days before the actual US launch on June 29th."

Assuming this is correct, it's conceivable those analysts could still be correct. ;D

Wow. So there's technically still hope for a 3G iphone/announcement thursday?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
yea i heard thursday too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
What high price? Either way, you'd be paying a high price- 5-600 for the 3G or an early termination fee to get an iphone when they discount it the $100 or whatever.
Early termination fee? I would only change carriers when my contract is up. 5-600 is def way to high for me. :EEK:

Reaction score
oooh! I can't wait. That was 1 of a few stoppers for me not getting the orginal iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was being EXTREMELY hopeful... but I doubt that would happen :(

I don't know where i read it or if i dreamt it, but i think that i read that apple is doing a meeting or announcement of some type on thursday...??? maybe it was my subconscious trying to fool me:[

But on a side note my there was a bulletin on my scottrade account that said that the 3G iPhone is supposed to come out in June :D

Reaction score
I just came back from China with a 16gb iphone. I live in australia so 3g is becoming popular. If you speak to the right people in hong kong you can get your hands on a 3g iphone, for around 1000 aus. But the problem with the currently release it battery time, it's said that the 3g iphone currently is draining to much battery and the delay of release is expected for lat August, but knowing the rest of the world you might see it before that. But the diffrence between 2.5 and 3g i find i use my wi fi more then the edge network due to speed. Whats stopping you from going home or walking into starbucks and connecting to a decent wireless speed, i find it's alot faster then the 3g option..

Reaction score
I just came back from China with a 16gb iphone. I live in australia so 3g is becoming popular. If you speak to the right people in hong kong you can get your hands on a 3g iphone, for around 1000 aus. But the problem with the currently release it battery time, it's said that the 3g iphone currently is draining to much battery and the delay of release is expected for lat August, but knowing the rest of the world you might see it before that. But the diffrence between 2.5 and 3g i find i use my wi fi more then the edge network due to speed. Whats stopping you from going home or walking into starbucks and connecting to a decent wireless speed, i find it's alot faster then the 3g option..

1. Apple does not make a 3G iPhone nor can the current version of the iPhone be configured to run 3G.

2. Why get an iPhone if you just plan on using it in Starbucks, the office or at home? Why not just keep your laptop??

Reaction score
1. Apple does not make a 3G iPhone nor can the current version of the iPhone be configured to run 3G.

2. Why get an iPhone if you just plan on using it in Starbucks, the office or at home? Why not just keep your laptop??

1. My phones not configured to run 3g, im saying you can get anything just gotta be willing to pay for it. The price i got told for a 3g was not worth getting a phone for aka $1,000 AUD. China is very much a place of opportunity when it comes to getting technology that is not released to the rest of the world. The general public aren't aware of the concept of production and stock, cause most people just buy it when they hear it. But theres alot of products that are already made but never released until the corporation believes the consumer is ready for it.

2. dont forget the features, of movies, ipod, direct sync to apple comps with itunes iphoto, address book and ical and the ability to make a phone call as well makes it a very useful thing to spend money on. Theres wi fi everywhere and if you can access it with something that fits in your pocket, makes it a lot easier then carting round a laptop everywhere. All im saying is in some cities you can walk 50 meters from one starbucks to another coffee shop or mc donalds offering the same free wireless access.

Reaction score
1. My phones not configured to run 3g, im saying you can get anything just gotta be willing to pay for it. The price i got told for a 3g was not worth getting a phone for aka $1,000 AUD. China is very much a place of opportunity when it comes to getting technology that is not released to the rest of the world. The general public aren't aware of the concept of production and stock, cause most people just buy it when they hear it. But theres alot of products that are already made but never released until the corporation believes the consumer is ready for it.

2. dont forget the features, of movies, ipod, direct sync to apple comps with itunes iphoto, address book and ical and the ability to make a phone call as well makes it a very useful thing to spend money on. Theres wi fi everywhere and if you can access it with something that fits in your pocket, makes it a lot easier then carting round a laptop everywhere. All im saying is in some cities you can walk 50 meters from one starbucks to another coffee shop or mc donalds offering the same free wireless access.

1. If you could get an iPhone with 3G it won't work in the US (at least not on Verizon) and if it doesn't work on Verizon you'd be going miles backwards if you were to get it working on T-Mobile or Sprint- they're just horrible.

2. Still why get an iPhone? Everything you're telling me about your laptop will already do and if you don't have a laptop why not get an ipod touch that is less expensive and has double the memory of an iphone? Why would you get the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
From this site:
"According to the FCC website, it would appear that Apple filed their documents for the iPhone on March 9th, but were able to keep them suppressed until about May 17th — about 43 days before the actual US launch on June 29th."

Assuming this is correct, it's conceivable those analysts could still be correct. ;D

When did Jobs announce the iPhone and date again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I just read that Apple is planning to target the sales of the iPhone towards the Asia market, this year sometime,

so that makes you wonder if they are going to introduce the 3G before they target Asia??

Reaction score
If 3G is dominant in Asia then it would be HUGE for Apple to release the iPhone at the same time they release a 3G iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
"If you could get an iPhone with 3G it won't work in the US (at least not on Verizon) and if it doesn't work on Verizon you'd be going miles backwards if you were to get it working on T-Mobile or Sprint- they're just horrible."

Oh sorry I thought jonnyboyi was in Australia, the world doesn't end at the borders of the US btw, no offense intended but just don't fall into the stereotypical view that Americans don't know anything about the world outside their borders.:Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
My contract is up in May, but I don't know if I want to wait to pay for the high price that will come with it.
I am so bummed. I just found out that my contract with Verizon Wireless is actually up in Spetember not May (per my online account information). But I asked the manager at a Verizon store and that's what he told me. I think he was telling me I could upgrade a new phone in May, since I am on the 2 yr contract and they allow you to upgrade phones 4 months before your 2 year contract is up (2 months with a 1 year contract).

Is there any other way to opt out? I recall reading somewhere that Verizon changed the text messaging plan and it is actually a void to any current contracts. Any thoughts?

I still will probably wait until September when iPhone releases the new (3G?) version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.