• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

WWDC 2022 - What Did I Miss?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
Now you need to purchase a newer auto...so you can get the latest & greatest from Apple CarPlay!;)

Darn this is getting expensive (need newer cars & newer computers to keep up)! Ha Ha

Nick
Well if the big man in red sees fit to slide a new Audi under the tree next year, I’d be happy to fool with the new CarPlay plenty ha ha.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OTOH SWMBO is rather smart and very likely to be suspicious of "accidents".
If you have a cat or dog...they're usually good candidates for "accidents"!;)

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Neither one at the moment. Perhaps one of our neighbors neighbors has a toddler I could borrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I have heard of iMacs spontaneously jumping off tables and smashing the screen on the floor.

revenge of the inanimate objects.

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
They used to also be good for turning certain Macs on at will.

The first Mac SWMBO and I owned was an LC II. That particular model, and a few others, had a switch on the keyboard that could turn the machine on with one keypress.

A local professor I knew at the time had the same model for his wife and kids to use. He told me that several times he had come home to find the computer on and the kids swearing that they hadn't left it on. The culprit was a tech savvy housecat that liked to walk across the keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.