• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why do people hate me for using a Mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
VI, I am the kind of person that would ask you all details on every system you just listed but then again, that is my hobby, life and interest and also how I make my living.

Kind of like Camera people like to talk about cameras, lens's settings, ETC.

I wouldn't even stick around to listen to myself recite that. But then again, I could care less about computers anymore. Hardware is always increasing and there's rarely any huge bumps, but you always read about them when they hit the news. Even Apple computers and every other PC out there share the same guts. It's just different specs and such. My computers do the tasks I need them to perform and that makes me a happy camper.

I mean, I run Windows on my Apple computer. I some one is that screwed up to "hate" me because I'm using an Apple computer (with Windows on it) then there's probably some other hair up that person's that is causing that problem.

I mean, I never hated anyone because they drive a domestic car, use Rogaine, eat paella, drink PBR, smoke Winston cigarettes, played Gibson guitars on Marshall amplifiers, or used a certain brand of computer.

Either some one's being slightly over dramatic as certain age groups do at certain ages or the people he knows are mental unstable and possibly psychotic.

Then again, psychotic people don't always hate the people they kill/hurt/maim.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Unless things go even more the way you are talking about Hardware wise, I will always be interested in everything computer.

I agree completely, no reason to dislike someone leave alone hate them for what computer they use.

Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for the XP users whos systems are always full of spyware no matter what they do but it's their choice and rarely if ever happens to my Windows computers so it has to be what they are doing or just neglecting the poor computer! :D

Only people I dislike are people that hurt other people, animals, etc. What computer, TV, Camera, Car you own should never get in the way of liking a person. :D

One quick note though, I really don't get along well with EXTREME Fanboys as they tend to ignore everything else and only like the thing that they love. I found in my late teens that doing that and blindly ignoring everything else made miss many things that were better than I was using and loving and could have made things even nicer for me. I have many thing I do like a lot but always try and keep an open mind and eye on the other companies. Who knows! :D I am very impressed overall with Windows 7 for example.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I mean, I never hated anyone because they drive a domestic car, use Rogaine, eat paella, drink PBR, smoke Winston cigarettes, played Gibson guitars on Marshall amplifiers, or used a certain brand of computer.

Dirty Domestic car driving, paella eating, rogaine using, Winston Smoking, PBR drinking, Gibson guitar playing Mac users! I wish a pox upon them all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
This one quote is what I say to them, "How does my love do harm to you?" if I remember right that is from Dr. Faustus.

OP
applegeek09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 MacBook 13inch, 2.1Ghz, Leopard 10.5.6, 4gb ram, 320 gb 5400rpm hdd, Intel GMA X3100
I will answer that with another question:

Why would you really care what anyone else thinks about your personal computer of choice?

Is it really worth your time and effort to put this much thought into coming up with a response for these people?
No, it isn't.
By your own admission, they don't know what they are talking about, so why bother trying to "correct" them?
They want you to respond... they are baiting you into some sort of infantile anti-Apple argument... and you seem to be falling hook, line and sinker for it.

You don't need to say or do anything.
Simply ignore them.

i like this post, i try to tell myself that, i just get annoyed to easily, i just wanted them to feel bad, and back off, but i will try this :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
picture1fkk.jpg

It could have something to do with your blatant fanboyism, as highlighted above, but my best estimation is because you're a zealot about a friggin computer company.

I too drank the Kool-Aid back when I got my first Mac, but eventually I realized "Well, it's a computer."

When you evangelize to people (and I'm guessing you probably do. People don't go out of their way to harass you about your computer) they're going to react negatively.

Use your computer, keep writing that screenplay at Starbucks or whatever "fun" stuff it is you're doing with your MacBook, and deal with it. You're using a different computer than your friends, and that makes you a minority.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
picture1fkk.jpg

It could have something to do with your blatant fanboyism, as highlighted above, but my best estimation is because you're a zealot about a friggin computer company.

I too drank the Kool-Aid back when I got my first Mac, but eventually I realized "Well, it's a computer."

When you evangelize to people (and I'm guessing you probably do. People don't go out of their way to harass you about your computer) they're going to react negatively.

Use your computer, keep writing that screenplay at Starbucks or whatever "fun" stuff it is you're doing with your MacBook, and deal with it. You're using a different computer than your friends, and that makes you a minority.

Someone's having a bad day...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
...You're using a different computer than your friends, and that makes you a minority.

You make this sound like a negative thing. >_>"

To the OP, just keep the MacLoving to yourself. You don't need to stand on a cliff and shout you love it, and why others should love it too.

That usually rubs people the wrong way. Hence why you got some remarks about your choice of computer hardware and OS.

I find myself spending a lot of time in front of my MB in public places and I do notice that I get looks, and occasionally I'll get a question.

When that happens you can start your talking about why you love your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It is when you’re running only OS X and refuse to run Windows and can’t “borrow” software from friends.

O:)

When there is better alternatives out for OS X why would you want ask to borrow some Windows software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
When there is better alternatives out for OS X why would you want ask to borrow some Windows software?

Games
Quick Book Pro
The full version of MS Office. Not having Access irks me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
The Mac is all I've ever known. I'm a blue-collar guy so the computer for me is for screwing around. I have to laugh at people who are bitter against Mac users. Why is that? Probably because deep down they realize that Mac's are better but don't want to admit it.

Want to see a funny You Tube battle? I am not the brightest computer user so this thread has amused me for some time. I post comments mostly just to agitate the windows users because well, it's funny.

here...

YouTube - Mac morons can't talk without using their hands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2GHz PowerPC, 1.25 RAM
When I first converted to using Macs, I thought I was the only person who "got it". I always tried to inform anyone who would listen and sometimes to people that were not in the least bit interested to the virtues of the "Mac experience". However I have found that most PC users "don't get it", and will "never get it" and like most people they will criticize something or someone they don't understand.

Chill and enjoy the ride!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Mac people hate me because I use Windows.
Windows people hate me because I use OS X.
Linux people hate me because I use Windows and OS X.
Non computer nerds hate me because I use Linux.
Hardcore Linux people hate me because I use Ubuntu.
Jocks hate me because I use a computer.
Ancient Egyptians hate me because I don't use an abacus.
My bartender hates me because I don't pay for my drinks.
My boss hates me because I don't work.
At least my mom still lets me come over to the house and raid the fridge when I don't feel like cooking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
As a new switcher this thread has amused and enlightened me. I have been earning my living in one way or another with windows for years now , and admit that the only Macs i came across were owned by academics and or their students that were on a network I was configuring/building.
I built the last 3 machines I have owned and several for others, And oh yes I drank the kool-aid. I couldn't believe how people would buy such a strange and underpowered machine !
Then 3 weeks ago I let my love for the iPhone bring a Macbook into my shallow and dreary world...I have seen the light and it is warm and I like it.
With that said I understand how fanboys are created , And its hard not to fall in that train of thought so thank you all for keeping me grounded and humble..
This place rocks and I am proud to be a small part of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz 320GB / 60G iPod Touch
Just helped couple friends switch to mac recently.. they did it mainly because they saw me work on mine and started asking questions and long story short; they loved it. I say just be happy with your mac and answer questions when asked about it, and you'll live happily

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2GHz/iPod Classic Black 80GB/iPhone 4 32GB/iPad2 WiFi 16GB
I get this as well from time to time.

But I'm a musician and a photographer, and a Mac is fair superior than a PC for these. Recording studios wouldn't use Macs is standard if they weren't very good ;)

I also to show them spec's of Macs, and check every web page I want, while their pc loads up and goes through a virus check ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I get this as well from time to time.

But I'm a musician and a photographer, and a Mac is fair superior than a PC for these. Recording studios wouldn't use Macs is standard if they weren't very good ;)

I also to show them spec's of Macs, and check every web page I want, while their pc loads up and goes through a virus check ;)

Why is a Mac far superior than a PC for those? Windows and OS X both run photos shop. Both have amazing music production programs. I run Logic Studio 8 and the other guy in the small studio we have runs something like Reason on an HP with Windows XP. We both output quality recordings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Why is a Mac far superior than a PC for those? Windows and OS X both run photos shop. Both have amazing music production programs. I run Logic Studio 8 and the other guy in the small studio we have runs something like Reason on an HP with Windows XP. We both output quality recordings.

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I love your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.