• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did you choose your username?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive
i think you should have that legally changed. :)

i love the name abigail btw. when my wife and i were having our first kid my favorite girl choices were abigail, veronica, and carmen. but since we went with my boy pick (he was a boy!), my wife gets to name the next kid, and she wasn't a fan of any of those... :eek:

Easy, just have three kids - you'll get to name the one after the next one!

Or failing that, get a pet and call it Abigail.

The number of people who, when I first meet them, announce "my gran/auntie/daughter-in-law has a cat/goat/cocker spaniel called Abigail.

Great. :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Mine is pretty obvious, although I think I used a "4" instead of "For" because it was too many characters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I'm not sure why, but Raffi's 'Banana Phone' springs immediately to mind when I read 'cheesybanana'. And now, it'll be in my head for days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm not sure why, but Raffi's 'Banana Phone' springs immediately to mind when I read 'cheesybanana'. And now, it'll be in my head for days.

That's fine, just don't let what happened in the flash cartoon happen to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK, really, really dating myself here: mine is the initials of my full name plus my birthyear!

OK, lets format this up so that mathogre can understand it in his native language:

First some variables:

Initials = mac
Birthyear = 57

Now the "math" part:

userid = Initials + Birthyear

Now lets "solve" the equation by replacing the variables with their absolute values. Doing this, we see:

mac57 = mac + 57

Q.E.D. !!

OK, pretty hokey (and bad math too!), but I couldn't resist! When the inspiration strikes, ya gotta go wit it!! :dive:

Actually, when I joined a MAC forum, I was amazed that MAC57 wasn't taken already. Pleased though, since I use this as my userid in most places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Hey, sweet! Like this thread.

Chose this username instead of "MacKitten" because the latter sounded a little too fast-food-ish!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Hey, sweet! Like this thread.

Chose this username instead of "MacKitten" because the latter sounded a little too fast-food-ish!
Yes, I'd like a McKitten sandwich to go please. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Watch out, mathogre! The animal rights folks'll be all over you ~ lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Being a Mac surname, I couldn't have iMac cause someone else took it. At work as a Policeman I used to be called Macca or The General until one night we were called to break up a fight in a strip club. I sort of did the whole thing singlehanded while the other guys made sure the girls were ok. The way I went about it was no nonsense not taking any crud tonight and as they watched one of them remarked I was like a mad dog attacking and throwing/ chasing them out of the place. So it stuck......I guess I could have made it iMaDDoG or iMad for short.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Cassie is short for Cassandra. ;)

Reaction score
I think mine is self-explanatory but... Gulf Veteran, and SAF are my initials.

Retired USMC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
meh. i like the name skye and back in my neopet days i wanted a unique number so i chose 2341 but then i forgot my password so i made a new username with the number 23412 and it just stuck

Reaction score
I was trying to export some 3D models from AutoCad to Blender, so I got in the forums, and found how to do it. The rest as they say is history...

Yea, so what if I used an old cliche... sue me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Interesting reading through the thread, its cool to know all the stories leading to username.

Well, for me my original username of choice is usually Minabud, story behind that is, uhm its corney but here goes. On the plan coming to the US for the first time ever I was drinking Budwiser and there you go :D corney rite lol

And the MinaMacMan, well thats simple, Mina is my first name, and I threw in the Mac in the mix since am new to the Mac world, plus MMM is actually my initials.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
OSU cause I go to Ohio State, Rico is what some of my friends call me, real name is Eric, and 112 is just a number that always seems to pop up to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Easy... it's my real name =)
It's also my grandfather's name. Same name as Jules (French), Julius (Roman), etc. At first I thought my name was weird and rare. But then I did research and found so many important people throughout history with the same name. Kinda cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
alucard is dracula spelled backwards.

about 13 years ago an old co worker of mine was watching an old Dracula movie where some pilots were shipping a coffin. The coffin was labled Alucard but when the pilot looked at it in a mirror he noticed it said Dracula. When he told me that i started using the name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.